nine

°。

°。

next, she had to find kanao. she remembered the specific spot in the garden kanao always stood at, so she made her way over there, with silent footwork.

after some time, she found kanao. the girl had not yet noticed her.

kazemi remembered the way she used to grab kanao's attention without startling her. she kind of just, waited until the tsuguko registered her presence. that was how she always did it.

so, for like five minutes, she stood a few meters away from kanao, until finally, she turned to her, eyes slightly widened, before they reverted back to normal.

"kazemi," the tsuyuri said quietly, before walking towards the girl with a small smile.

with no words, they began to walk around the estate like they used to the last time they met, saying a few words every now and then. it was easy for quiet people to greet each other. especially since the two had grown to understand each other through face expressions and body language.

"what rank are you?" kazemi asked quietly, as they walked hand-in-hand.

"tsuchinoto."

"that's impressive, since you've only recently passed the final selection." kazemi complimented. then, the atmosphere went back to silence once more. though, it was a comfortable silence. it was tranquil, and nice.

kazemi enjoyed this.

as they strolled around the estate's vast garden, the kinoe couldn't help but smile.

she felt at home.

°。

shinobu had encouraged kazemi to participate in rehabilitation training, since kanao and aoi were as well. they were helping this trio of slayers, who'd came from natagumo mountain. she didn't really know their names, so she just created fitting nicknames. 

firefish, hogfish, and yellow tang.

right now, they were doing a reflex test. it was where two individuals sat across from each other, with a table full of cups. all the cups were filled with a green herbal tea. the objective was to pick up the cup first and splash it on the face of the other person, or, stop the other person from picking up a cup and use that time to splash them instead.

currently, she wasn't participating. she was just observing. at one point, "hogfish" noticed, and began to screech.

"hey! fish girl! why aren't you participating with us!? are ya scared or what!?"

she obligingly joined in. inosuke sat down opposite of her. kiyo, who was being the referee, said go.

inosuke couldn't even register what happened, before he was soaked in the herbal tea. he hadn't even seen her lift her hand, which just pissed him off further.