twenty-one

⇡⇡⇡ whats 9+10? ⇡⇡⇡

⇡⇡⇡ whats 9+10? ⇡⇡⇡

°。

it took three hours for shinobu to walk out the room, sweating, with a blank look on her face, quite contrary to her usual smile.

she was immediately bombarded by questions, by both mitsuri and tengen.

"is kyojuro-san okay!? how is he!? can i see him!?" mitsuri asked, as she grabbed onto shinobu's shoulders, shaking her. she was far too distressed and anxious to think before acting anymore. she was distraught.

"how's his condition?" tengen added. on the exterior, he may have seemed calm, but he really wasn't. 

shinobu waited for mitsuri to let go. once the love pillar did, she cleared her throat.

"his condition is stabilized, for now. he is in a comatose state, as his body is still reacting to the trauma from getting his intestines partially torn." shinobu didn't sugarcoat the fact that it wasn't completely certain he'd make it out alive. they deserved to know.

mitsuri was on the verge of tears again, just hearing those words.

"what injuries did rengoku suffer?" tengen questioned dejectedly, knowing it'd be bad.

shinobu's expression visibly soured.

"a crushed eye, multiple broken ribs, a punctured lung, internal bleeding, and damaged intestines."

kazemi tuned out their shock-stricken reactions. she, who believed she hadn't known the flame pillar well enough to stay any longer, quietly left the estate.

as she strolled around the area relative to the butterfly mansion, the slayer took the time to enjoy the view.

cumulus clouds were scattered across the azure skies; much like the white blotches seen on the canvas of an artist. if she didn't have the responsibilities of a demon slayer, she would've loved to enjoy the view all day. 

looking at the atmosphere around her, she reminisced of the many other times she'd stared upon these very skies. she once stared at the familiar blues with desperation, waiting for a miracle to be bestowed upon her. but now, she knew not to rely on tales or promises. she had to pave a path of her own in an accursed world like this. 

kazemi had learnt that lesson the hard way. she learnt it at the cost of losing something dearer to her than her own life.

her mind went adrift as she wandered about. the various pieces of her hairpin clinked together quietly, soothing her in an odd way. the soft gusts of wind embraced her with each step forward, blowing the stray strands of hair away from her face.

sometimes, all she wanted was some time to herself. something was truly tranquil and serene about it. all thoughts meandered out her head, leaving her mind blank, and the most quiet it had been in years. 

then, a nostalgic noise idly played in the back of her mind, neither disturbing or occupying here. as natural as the sounds of breathing; something always heard, yet easy to become accustomed to as the years go by.

ocean waves. the pattern of the waves were in sync with her footsteps.

°。

shinobu sighed softly, finding the kinoe-ranked slayer passed out against a tree.

"i guess you'll never change," she mumbled, a small chuckle escaping her lips. seeing the display in front of her reminded her of other humorous events, and that lightened her mood. 

once she placed kazemi in her reserved room, shinobu went to check on rengoku.

°。

im sorry for the short chapters but im shit at writing angst. its liek not my thing at all so i have trouble writing it

just some info, rengoku is comatose, who knows if he'll make it out alive 😈😈😈😈

once i get to red light district the chapters'll be longer i hope

hnbgyftdcfg

bueeee

unedited