5. Werewolf

David and Rachel are eating breakfast at Granny's when Leroy suddenly runs over to them. "Is everything alright?" David asks.

"We found it", Leroy answers. "We found the diamonds which can be refined into fairy dust."

"That's excellent news", David says, elated.

"How long will it take?" Rachel asks.

But before Leroy can answer Albert Spence walks over to them. "Soon the town will see you are not fit to rule", he threatens and leaves.

"Don't pay attention to him", Rachel tells David. David sends a half smile towards Rachel.

-----------

Everyone is celebrating the news at Granny's dinner. Rachel stands in a corner watching the party go on.

She always attends parties with Peter. She misses him terribly but she will never admit it to him. She thinks back to when they met after they were separated for sometime.

Peter had gone to get something which will make them entirely invincible. Even the Dark One dagger won't be able to kill them then.

"So what happened?" Addie asks when Peter returns.

"It was not there", Peter replies.

Addie's face falls. But she quickly shakes it off. "That's alright. We will figure it out."

"How many times are we going to do this?" He asks.

"Then we don't need to do this", Addie says. "We don't need it to be happy."

"Are you sure?" Peter asks.

"As long as I have you I don't need anything else", Addie says placing a hand on Peter's cheek.

"And you are all I need", Peter says drawing Addie close and kissing her.

After a while they break apart. "I did miss this though", Peter says softly keeping their foreheads together.

"I didn't", Addie says smirking. She brings their lips together her hands on Peter's neck guiding the kiss.

"Then what is this?" Peter mutters through the kiss.

"Shut up and just kiss", Addie mutters back.

Rachel smiles at the memory. Suddenly she notices David walking after Ruby, both of them agitated. She also follows them to the backroom.

"Is everything alright?" She asks.

David and Ruby share a look. "I know you are a werewolf", Rachel says. "You can tell me what is bothering you."

"I have not been a werewolf for 28 years thanks to the curse", Ruby says. "And my cloak is missing too."

"But I thought you learned how to control it long ago", David argues.

"I don't think I remember", Ruby says.

The three of them round the corner and Rachel and David stop on seeing the freezer.

"You are locking yourself in there?" Rachel asks raising her eyebrows.

"Better to be safe", Granny says.

"We will check on you in the morning", Rachel says. She can tell David is not happy without even reading his mind. But David doesn't argue and they leave together.

The next morning Rachel and David enter Granny's. They find Granny staring at the freezer in shock. It's completely ruined.

"Great", Rachel mutters. "We need to find her before anyone else", she says out loud.