16. Magic Beans

Rachel observes as Neal and Henry play swords. "I am surprised you are watching over them", Gold states approaching her.

"What did you except?" Rachel asks bitterly. "We have to resume our old jobs. And unfortunately, my job was Henry's babysitter."

Gold lets out a rueful laugh. "Are you going to keep protecting the heros?"

"Until I find a way home, I have to", Rachel replies. "They are not all fools after all."

"Which one suspects there is more to you?" Gold asks curiously.

"And why should I answer?" Rachel inquires. "It won't benefit me by informing you."

"You might be surprised", Gold replies. "I am rather invested in you. And since you can't leave, let us work together for now." Gold extends his hand and after observing it for a second, Rachel shakes it.

"You betray me for even one second, and I will kill you myself."

"Noted", Gold replies.

Rachel notices Regina approaching. "Deal with the Evil Queen and come find me." With that Rachel leaves.

Rachel decides to take the long route and spots Greg and Tamara talking. She approaches them. "You should find a safer place to talk", she says from behind them making them jump and turn around.

"Why are you not worried with what we have to do?" Tamara asks. "And why are you helping us?"

"Because if you destroy magic, then you kill Henry too. And that will make my husband incredibly angry and result in your deaths", Rachel replies. "For you to take Henry back to Home Office, then you open my path back too. I will help you only for that reason."

Greg and Tamara exchange an uneasy look. "Home Office told us to listen to you above everyone else. Who are you?"

"I already told you. I am his wife", Rachel says taking a few steps back. "Focus on a way to destroy the place and then report to me."

"I want to find my dad first", Greg speaks up.

Rachel nods. "Very well. But Tamara should be able to focus on finding the failsafe." Rachel looks at the town. "You should go back to Neal or he will start suspecting things." Rachel leaves without letting them say a word.

----------

"What is here?" Rachel asks when they don't answer Emma's question.

"Something you need to see", David answers stepping out of the car and approaching an empty field. But something about it catches Rachel's eyes.

"Is that protective shield?" She asks.

"Yes", Mary Margaret answers. "Come on." She drags Emma inside as Rachel and David enter after them.

"You are growing magic beans here?" Rachel asks hardly believing her eyes. This is what she has wanted ever since her memories came back.

"Anton?" Emma hugs the said dwarf but Rachel is focused on the beans. She approaches a few and observes them carefully.

"Don't approach them!" Leroy bellows at Rachel.

"I know how beans work. Thank you very much", Rachel retorts. " We had enough of them until someone destroyed them and ran."

"Who would something so horrible?" Mary Margaret asks in horror.

Rachel stops herself from saying Neal's name. She knows very well that it was an accident and the only reason thr fields caught fire is because they were chasing him.