Mercenary Guild no.3

The day started early for Harumi, a receptionist in the mercenary guild.

First, she checked and organized quest documents. Unfinished quests would be affixed to the wall, so the guild's mercenaries could accept them.

Cleaning the guild was also part of her job description.

Sometimes people would come in drunk and throw up, or reported completed quests while still covered in blood, so it needed to be cleaned thoroughly or it would become filthy very quickly.

After cleaning and affixing the quests on the wall... It was time for the guild's morning to begin.

"She isn't coming today either..."

Harumi whispered, while looking at the entrance.

She was waiting for Y/n, who in the last two years, visited the guild almost every day.

She was a frail looking small girl, who wasn't blessed with a strong body, even considering she was only fourteen years old.

Why did such a girl join the mercenary guild and accept jobs?

When she asked her that question, she could not contain her tears when the girl told her about her life.

Abandoned by her parents before she was old enough to remember, and adopted by an elderly couple who passed on before he reached adulthood, her had no choice but survive on her own.

Her identity was unclear and she could not find a regular job, so she had no choice but to join this world, which was not stable to say the least.

Harumi was concerned, so she tried to look out for her .

She tried to send safe quests for her and introduce her to other jobs, but safe jobs were few, and the pay was low.

Unfortunately, there were very few other places that would hire him.

Still, she was never discouraged, and kept working for the guild as an assistant for other parties.

Unfortunately this meant other people could use her how they pleased...

"Hey, is Y/n here yet?" One of the Men said with a grin on his face

A party of three men chatted while sitting at a table.

It seemed they were looking for Y/n, just like Harumi, but for a completely different reason.

"We need her to carry our stuff." A man stated.

"Yeah, we're hiring her." Another man said.

"Did she take a day off without permission? Damn kid..." One of the men said not even trying to hide his expression on his face.

The people talking about Y/n in such a disrespectful manner hired her many times to carry their luggage.

Surely she made their work a lot simpler, but there was not a shred of gratitude.

[This is why people in the mercenary guild are...!]

Harumi heard everything from her counter, and tried her hardest not to let it show on her face how much it irritated her that these people were using Y/n.

At that point, Harumi already saw Y/n almost like a little sister.

They were about the same height, and her androgynous face was very cute, and also can look like a boy when she wear male clothes for quest almost to the point where she could be mistaken for a boy but since y/n is an alpha it's not uncommon for female alpha to be mistaken as a male.

Black hair with black eyes was a little uncommon, but that just added to her pet like cuteness.

What was even cuter, was that when she told her directly that she thought he was cute, she responded by saying 'C-cute?

This was why men like those three took advantage of her.

When it came time to split the rewards, Y/n didn't get a tenth of what the others got.

She received as much as she would if she did safer quests, but Y/n never complained about her pay.

"I'm only helping, so I'm glad to be getting paid at all." Y/n would always say this words

She would say with a strained smile.

No matter how heavy the luggage she was carrying, and no matter how difficult it was to extract materials off monsters, she never received a fair payment.

The guild didn't interfere in the way parties would split their rewards, and Harumi never expected this rule to cause her so much irritation.

"I think it's about time we make her fight too. That weakling's probably just gonna die right away though." one of the man said with a sinister on his face just thinking about it.

"Fine by me, who cares if he dies?"
The other man replied with a smile on his face.

"Ha, I guess that's true!" The man replied to his friend

"Hahahaha!" the three men laugh about it.

At that point, it wasn't just Harumi glaring at them, it was every receptionist in the guild.

Harumi wasn't the only receptionist that was concerned about Y/n.

Y/n was popular among them. She was a ray of sunshine in the middle of all the ruffians they had to deal with. They adored her as a little sister or a pet.

Harumi wasn't alone in her irritation about the unfavorable treatment Y/n received. Those men would often invite the receptionists to leave with them at night, but they would always hear no as a response.

Conversely, most would say yes if it was Y/n asking. Most receptionists wanted to give the hardworking Y/n a break.

[Me included, of course...]

Thought Harumi, as her face became red.

It would be her first time, and likely her as well, and she didn't think she would do a good job taking the lead.

But what she really had to think about was Y/n.

It seemed like Y/n had been kicked out of yet another party three days before, and the shock was so severe, she hadn't shown her face in the guild since.

There were times when such a thing happened and she would not go to the guild the day after, but Harumi was worried because three days had passed already.

As she thought about Y/n, she saw someone coming in. She only saw it through the corner of her eye, but she immediately knew it was y/n.

She quickly turned in her direction, and was relieved to see the usual lively face, but just as she was going to talk...

"Lilith! This is the mercenary guild!"
Y/n said energetic tone and excitement on her face.

"Hou, I see." Lilith said looking at y/n.

She saw an unbelievably gorgeous woman by her side.