Chapter 4

Ironhide walked in silence, Ana sat on his palm pulling her knees to her chest, not sure if to break the silence that hung between them.

"I hate being so sad" she stated softly "I wish I could just focus on all the good memories I've had with my parents, instead of the bad. But it's so hard to think of the good times when I remind myself there might never be any more good times." She said quietly.

Ironhide paused in the hallway looking down at her "Ana..." He said gently "I meant what I said; I will find your creators." She nodded giving him a thankful look. Ironhide smiled down at her "I have been listening for news about your city, I haven't been able to get any names but they have found survivors. If Ratchet agrees, I can drive you there to see."

Ana practically sprang to her feet smiling "Really?! They might be there! Please please please can we go!" She pleaded looking up at Ironhide with her hands clasped. Ironhide chuckled "Remember we need Ratchet to allow us first." "Oh..." she said a little dejected "That can't be too hard... right?" He just shrugged. Ana bit her lip, nervously. "Would it be ok to ask him now?" Ironhide only nodded and turned, walking in the direction of the med bay.

When they arrived Ratchet was still at his computer. "I thought I told you two to take it easy and rest." Ratchet stated, not turning around from what he was doing. "We were about to, but..." Ironhide started saying, but Ratchet just vented and started muttering to himself. "Well, me and Ana were wondering if could return to her city tomorrow."
Ratchet immediately whirled around "Absolutely not! Why in Primus name would you suggest such a thing?" he demanded.
Ironhide continued unfazed.
"We were hoping to see if we could find Ana's creators, if they are still online."
Ratchet paused, looking down at Ana, who looked back at him pleadingly.
"You both are in no condition to make such a journey. Primus, what if a decepticon attacked, you would never make it!" Ratchet insisted.
"We wouldn't have to go alone; some bot could come with us just in case we run into trouble." Ironhide argued.
"Please Ratchet." Ana pleaded quietly.
Ratchet looked down at her then back at Ironhide, narrowing his optics in deep thought.

He vented. "Fine, But some bot will accompany you two."
Ironhide smiled slightly while Ana sighed in relief.
"Thank you so much Ratchet!" Ana said, failing to hide her excitement. Ratchet just rolled his optics returning to his work while muttering something about no one ever listening to him. Ironhide turned to leave and Ratchet called back to them "I will contact a bot to go with you, for the meantime please rest! Or, for Primus sake, I'll sedate you both!" He practically shouted.

Ironhide chuckled softly, walking out of the med bay. "That old fragger never changes." He said smirking. "I heard that!" They heard Ratchet yell, as a large wrench collided with the back of Ironhide's head, making him stumble, and scaring Ana half out of her mind as she clung tightly to his hand.
Ironhide muttered under his breath, rubbing the back of his head, and quickly walked down the hallway out of wrench-throwing distance.

Ana managed to calm herself down from the sudden scare, and looked around to see where Ironhide was going. "Where are we going?" Ana asked curiously. "To my berth room." Ironhide stated simply. Berth room? Must be like a bedroom for them she thought to herself. "Does that mean I'm staying with you?" she asked. He looked down at her, raising an optic ridge, which was like an eyebrow for him. "Well...yes, unless you would rather stay in the med ba-""No!" she exclaimed, cutting him off. Ironhide laughed, and she heard snickers from a few soldiers in the hallway who had overheard their conversation.

She shrunk down, cheeks turning red, embarrassed. "It's not that I don't like Ratchet." She said softly trying to defend herself "He's a good medic and all, but he can be... scary at times." Ironhide just chuckled and stopped at a large door, typing in a code before entering.