Chapter 9

"Yo lil'lady." Ana felt something gently shake her. "Time ta wake up, Ratchet's almos' here." The car shook again and she slowly opened her eyes "Huh?"
He chuckled "Ratchet jus' commed meh sayin he almos' here, thought I should wake ya up."
"Oh...Thanks." She said rubbing her eyes, and wincing as a sharp pain went up her arm. "No prob lil'lady" Jazz responded in his usual upbeat tone.

Ana glanced around and saw the woods surrounding them; it looked as if Jazz had backed up off the road. She rubbed her sides gingerly, the bandages by now were dirty and torn and her sides felt swollen and very tender, she only hoped that her wounds hadn't gotten infected from the days of neglect. A plus though was that her hearing seemed to have returned somewhat back to normal. Looking around once more she finally spotted Smokescreen, who was pacing back and forth a little further in the woods.
His optics looked like they had returned back to their normal glow, indicating the surge of energy had been wearing off, although he did still look a little jumpy.

Ana tried to open the door, only to find it locked "Is it ok if I get out?" She asked Jazz. He shifted on his wheels "I don't know lil'lady, you're not lookin so well righ' now, maybe it'll be best if yah stay put till Ratchet gets'ere."
Ana nodded, looking down, she could only imagine how awful she looked after getting dropped in a lake and trekking through the woods.

"Jazz, why did they take me?" She asked abruptly, not being able to bear not knowing anymore.
He hesitated before answering "It's possible that them 'cons wanted ta use yah for bargaining, like a ransom yah know."
"But...What else?" She asked nervously, not knowing if she even wanted to know the answer. There was a longer hesitation. "Jazz?" She asked quietly. He vented "Them 'cons, have been known to... torture or do experiments on their prisoners." He said reluctantly "We were afraid tha' they would o'done somthin like that to yah, jus' to hurt us."

The truth of the situation hit her like a blow, as she realized what exactly might have happened to her if she and Smokescreen hadn't escaped in time. Would I even be alive right now? Or would I be some twisted decepticon experiment?
Just the thought made Ana feel sick and she closed her eyes tightly. "Woah, woah, calm down lil'lady." Jazz assured gently "Them 'cons can't hurt yah, not with meh and yo' friend Smokescreen around." Ana nodded weakly, just as the sound of an engine sounded from the road. "Ratchets here." Jazz told her as he pulled forward to be closer to the road. This caught the attention of Smokescreen, and he walked forward and stood beside Jazz's alt mode.

A lime green ambulance soon appeared around a bend, and it pulled off the road as it got close, transforming into the familiar medic, Ratchet. Ana looked over to see that Smokescreen had taken a step back and was standing ridged. Ratchet gave Smokescreen a wary glance, before kneeling down in front of Jazz
"You have Ana?" He asked, relief leaking into his voice.
"Righ' here." Jazz responded, finally opening up the door for Ana to get out.

She slowly got out, trying not to wince as she clutched her casted arm close to her chest, aware that Ratchet was watching her carefully. "Over here." He said impatiently, but she noticed that there was relief still in his voice. Jazz transformed as she walked over to Ratchet, who immediately scanned her.
"Your sides, quickly." He ordered urgently. Hesitantly she complied, lifting the sides of her shirt so he could see.
"Just as I thought, infection." Ratchet muttered before transforming back to his alt-mode.

Before Ana could ask why, though, a man suddenly appeared next to the ambulance.
Holoform Ana realized. He was tall with grey speckled hair with a strong chin that was clean shaven with bright blue eyes; he had on a black shirt and pants with a long white lab coat on, and polished black shoes. He quickly walked over to her and examined her wounds once more. "This way." He gently guided her to his alt-mode. "Wait" she protested "What about Smokescreen?"
Ratchet turned and studied Smokescreen for a second, who was currently standing next to Jazz, "I'll take a look at him after I treat you." Ratchet said sternly, guiding her into the ambulance.

**Time skip**

Ana sat in the passenger seat of Ratchets alt mode as they sped down the winding forest road. Her bandages on her sides had been replaced, and her dirty chipped caste had been removed and replaced with a temporary splint. Ratchet had kept to his word, and after Ana was done, he had moved on to fixing Smokescreen.
It had took roughly half an hour but Ratchet eventually got Smokescreens T-cog working again, and now they were on their way back to base. With Ratchet insisting that she ride with him so he can keep an eye on her injuries. Not that she really minded, all she wanted right now was to get back to base as quickly as possible.

Ana shifted in her seat, unsure what to make of the awkward silence that filled the cabin, and even though she had tried to make small talk, he had always shot it down with one or two word answers. Eventually she gave up and resorted to just staring out the window. From what she heard, driving back to base would take a couple of hours, so she soon decided to try and get some more rest, even if it was just to pass the time. "I would prefer that wouldn't sleep like that." Ratchets voice sounded through the radio just as she was drifting off to sleep with her head against the glass. She immediately sat up strait, a little startled by the sudden noise, and looked at the radio confused. "You will put strain on your injuries like that; there is a stretcher in the back you can sleep on." He informed her. She hesitantly nodded before unbuckling and carefully moving to the back. Ana laid down onto the stretcher, it wasn't too comfortable, but it was better that trying to sleep sitting up. Ignoring her hunger, she closed her eyes feeling exhausted once more.

To Ana it felt like it had only been minutes before she found herself being woken up by Ratchet's holoform. "We are almost at base." He said simply before his holoform disappeared in a shower of sparks. It took a moment for his words to register in her mind before she sat up and attempted to stretch, pulling back as pain laced up her sides. Holding back a groan Ana slowly got to her feet and shuffled to the front passenger seat, her muscles feeling stiff and sore. In front of them she could only see Jazz, and she guessed Smokescreen was still behind them. Sitting up straighter, Ana noticed familiar landscape rushing by, and soon she could make out the bases front gates in the distance.

As they got closer and closer Ana felt nervousness build up. It almost felt too good to be true, as if this was just a dream and she would wake up to find herself back in the decepticon cell, alone. Shaking her head, she pushed her fears down as they passed through the gate, and almost immediately relief filled her.
I made it, I'm safe, she thought to herself, and for the first time in days, she knew it was true.

(A/N)
Wow, it definitely took a while to get this chapter out :(

I was struggling with writers block the past few weeks and I didn't really know where I wanted the story to go...
But I'm back!

Updates might be a little sporadic, especially with school starting up again (why can't summer last forever? ; - ;)

Anywhoo!

Negative/positive comments are always appreciated ;)

And chapter 10 should be out soon

Adios my amazing readers!