Chapter 11

It had taken a while, but Ana had eventually been able to get cleaned up. She found that the clothes that had been set out for her were a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt; this came as a huge relief to her, she really didn't want to end up wearing a hospital gown.
After the shower she felt remarkably better, her legs didn't feel quite as weak, and she was soon able to walk around the room without having to constantly use the walls for support.
Finishing up, Ana carefully made her way to the "Press for assistance" button next to the shower; she pushed it gently and leaned against the wall to wait for Ratchet.
It only took less than a minute for him to come, and without a word, he walked in and began leading her back to the main room. Ana looked down at the floor as she was helped out of the room,
I wish I was strong enough to do things on my own, she thought sadly, That way Ratchet could focus on more important things than just helping me around.
Ana bit her lip as she held back tears, she felt useless.

Heavy pedesteps approached the entrance to the med bay, making her look up, a smile lit up her face when she saw who it was. "Ironhide!" She exclaimed as she tried to dash over to him, only to be held back by Ratchets holoform, who vented in annoyance
"I already told you that Ana needs a few days to regain her strength before she is allowed visitors." Ratchet said, giving Ironhide a glare. Ironhide didn't budge as he returned the glare and crossed his arms.
Ratchet glanced down at Ana, who gave him a pleading look. "Fine." He vented "You have 5 kliks." He said as his holoform released her.
"Ana." Ironhide said as he walked over to her with a small smile. Ana unsteadily walked quickly over to him and hugged his leg tightly, making him chuckle. He bent down and gently picked her up, bringing her to optic level.
"Are you alright?" He asked seriously "Those Fraggers didn't hurt you did they?" She shook her head "I'm ok" she said quietly "What about you?" She asked meeting his optics.
"I'm fine, nothing that couldn't be fixed." He assured, opening his palm for her to sit. Ana looked down at her lap, a sick feeling forming in her stomach
I knew it, they got hurt, and it's all because of me.
She realized as guilt knotted within her. "I'm sorry." She apologized quietly.
"What for?" He asked confused.
"For getting you and Optimus hurt" She said sadly "If I hadn't of wanted to go to the city none of this would have happened." She hung her head in shame.
Ironhide was silent for several moments "We all deserve the blame." He said slowly "The only thing that matters now is that you're safe." Ana nodded slightly in agreement, but she still couldn't push down her feeling of guilt. "I guess we should have listened to Ratchet." She said with a sad smile.
"You think?" they heard Ratchet grumble from across the room.
"I guess that fragger was right for once." Ironhide said with a smirk. Ratchet whirled around narrowing his optics, looking about ready to throw a wrench. "You have 1.5 kliks left." He said stiffly before turning back to the large monitor. Ironhide grunted, before gently setting Ana back on to the floor.
"I guess you have to go." Ana said more to herself. He nodded "Training".
There was a short silence, with neither of them knowing quite what to say. Ironhide seemed to sag as he shifted awkwardly on his pedes, he looked like he was about to say something when Ratchet interrupted. "Times up" He said sharply "Ana needs to rest, and if I'm not mistaken you have a Training exercise to teach."
Ironhide nodded somewhat hesitantly "Right" he said before setting Ana back on the floor gently. "I'll see you around I guess." Ana said quietly.
He gave her a small smile before grunting and turning to walk out the med bay, still seeming somewhat dejected.
I hope he's alright Ana thought, worried about the sudden shift in mood. Heavy pede steps brought her attention back to Ratchet. "Alright, enough excitement, you need to rest."
Ana was about to protest, but his stern look made her hold her tongue. Instead she just nodded and made her way back to the cot.
I'm going to die of boredom if have to stay in here much longer
she thought glumly as Ratchet replaced her heart monitor and IV, leaving her to stare at the ceiling for seemingly the hundredth time.