Chapter 5

Ana groaned, sitting up, her wounds were starting to ache again. Wait this isn't the field! She thought looking around seeing she was on Ironhide's berth, the clock on his large desk showed it was 6:00am.

I must have fallen asleep in the field she realized; Ironhide probably carried me back here.
Ana slowly got up, pushing the large blanket that was on her aside.

Ironhide was absolutely nowhere to be seen, giving her mixed feelings on how he reacted when she was missing last night.
"I guess a giant alien robot can take care of himself though..."
She sighed to herself, as she peered down to the floor, not looking forward to the climb she had to make, especially with her wounds still aching.

Ana hissed in pain halfway down, as she accidentally grabbed the side of the berth with her left arm, momentarily forgetting it was still casted. It had only been a day and yet she couldn't wait to get the clunky thing off her arm.
She finally reached the floor, and groaned in pain leaning against the berth.
Climbing while injured was not my best idea. She thought wincing. The large door suddenly opened, startling Ana, and Ironhide walked in holding a small plastic bag in his hand. He froze when he saw the Berth empty, and quickly looked around, spotting Ana, and eyed her in surprised.

"How do you keep getting down from there when you're injured?" He asked in disbelief glancing back to the berth then to her again.
"I have my ways." She said giving him a small mischievous smile. He just vented and shook his head muttering something under his breath. Ironhide then leaned down and dropped the bag he was carrying gently in front of Ana. "Here, these are the smallest clothes they could find on base, along with something for you to eat. There is also a key to use a private shower, so you can clean up." He said nodding slightly. She picked up the bag, looking inside; there were army boots, a brown shirt, camo cargo pants, a key, and a sandwich in a sealed bag. "Thank you." She said quietly smiling up at Ironhide. He gave her a small smile in return and leaned down offering her his hand. "I'll take you to get cleaned up, if you want." She nodded and got on his hand, he then walked out of the room and down the large hallway.

Ana looked down to see that many of the soldiers were already up and in full uniform walking down the hallway, probably heading to the mess hall for a quick breakfast.

In no time Ironhide had reached the shower rooms, and he leaned down letting Ana off. Ana walked up to the door labeled: Private shower, and unlocked it with her key. She stepped inside quickly, and locked it behind her. She couldn't wait to feel clean again, she had been wearing the same clothes for the past two days and she was still covered in dust and grime from the city.
The shower already had shampoo, towels, and soap so she quickly undressed and turned the water on hot, after carefully wrapping the plastic bag around her cast.

After a hot shower, Ana stepped out feeling a hundred times better than before. She stood for a second savoring the feeling of being clean before quickly drying off and dressing again. The new clothes were at least two sizes too big, despite being the smallest on base, but she only cared that they were clean. Digging around in her old jeans she found a small comb and a twisty, and Ana quickly combed her wet hair and put it up in a ponytail.
Grabbing her stuff she walked out the door, to see a very bored looking Ironhide leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He vented when he saw her come out "Took you long enough." He said gruffly as he lowered his hand to her. She hopped on giving him an apologetic smile; He grunted and walked back toward his berth room.

"Ironhide?" she asked softly, he looked down raising an optic ridge "Yes?" "When are we going to head back to the city?" She asked looking down at her boots. There was a moment of silence before he answered "As soon as you are ready, although Ratchet said he needed to give you a checkup before we left." Ana nodded as he walked into his berth room and set her on the berth before walking to his desk. Ana practically inhaled the sandwich, and then packed her clothed neatly in the bag along with the key. She looked over to see Ironhide busily doing something on his large computer, "Um...Ironhide?" she asked tentatively. He turned around, standing up "Are you ready to go?" He asked walking over to her. Ana nodded before climbing on his hand, and he walked off towards the med bay.