Author's Note

Dearest Readers,

(Don't fret! This message is not a sad one!)

Hello lovelies! It's been quite a while, hasn't it? I'm pasting this message from my Ao3 announcement and from the announcements on my home page. (Yes, I am also on Ao3!) I haven't posted much nor have I been very active online as of late, and for that I must apologize. I recently went through a major life change and struggled quite a lot through it. It honestly doesn't even feel like a year has gone by. I've struggled a lot with mental health, deaths in the family, and a sexual assault that left me reeling from the combined forces of it all. Not to sound dramatic, it's true.

But I've been healing and growing as a person, and I really do wish to focus more on creating rather than destruction. I know many of you have been very patiently waiting for new updates, and some have also expressed their worries that some of my stories might have been discontinued. Fret not, dear hearts, none of my stories have been abandoned! I am very, very proud of how they have grown and I am so excited to see them through the end with you all.

So, with that all said, allow me to address the news you all have been waiting for. Back in March of 2021 I went through one of my most popular stories, My War is Over, and gave it a huge makeover. I corrected plot holes, filled in a lot of detail, and just overall polished what needed polishing (there was a lot that needed polishing). It was received really well and I am excited to share with you that I will, once again, be doing something similar! Such as last time, nothing crucial to the plot will be removed, and most of the key scenes will remain the same. There is some parts that will be missed. Clint won't have impersonated Fury this time. Loki and Tony then won't dramatically escape to Malibu. Tony doesn't give himself alcohol poisoning this time and Loki doesn't lose his magic nor regain it in quite the same way.

I have a vision for this fic that I really believe will make it into a much stronger story. The point of My War Is Over was always to address mental health (and to be gay, ofc) in a realistic way, and although I have done that somewhat, I know I can do so much better. I really feel like I've pushed on some things and haven't respected the natural flow of events like I should have. So, I'm fixing that.

But really, the important question is what does this all mean for you?

You have all been waiting so patiently and so long for an update, so please do not be discouraged by this announcement. Yes, it will take some time to go through and reconstruct this story, but not as long as you may think! Over the next week I will be editing and polishing the final draft of My War Is Over. Within the next week or so, the existing chapters will be reformatted and new content will replace the old.

Long story short, a new, huge, really cool, update is coming.

But that's not all I wanted to address! I want to share with you a little more about what you should be expecting to see. Like I said, My War Is Over is essentially being remolded. Don't worry, it will still be the same story you have come to know and love, but the writing will be better, plot line more consistent, events more realistic, and the portrayal of mental health will be addressed even better than it was before.

My War Is Over will now have two parts. Part One is everything you have already read, with the changes I mentioned earlier and some events rearranged. Yes, we will also have more detail and dialogue. Essentially treat it like a new chapter. It'll be familiar, but not quite how you remember. Part Two occurs about three months after Part One ends. Part Two is the remainder of the story you all have been waiting for and its ending. Part One will be published in the next week or so, and Part Two will be published in the next month or so.

I know that after all your waiting, this is still a long time. But I want to make this story as perfect as possible. Once the ending is published, I will no longer be picking the story apart for flaws and re-writing. The end is the end, my dears, so I really want to make it count.

I am really, really excited for all of you to finally see the finished product. It's been a long time coming and I am both anxious and thrilled to see what you all think. I will always be able to come back to my work and find flaws, I know that. But I do wish to make this as perfect as I can for you, and with the vision I have in mind and the drafts on paper, I truly believe that this will be brilliant.

Loki and Tony's story is not over yet. I'm so excited to share their journey with you.

Stay tuned, stay brilliant, and stay shining dear readers. Part One of My War Is Over will be published before you know it.

xx

Jade