OH? (1)

Chapter 1 | "OH?" ✮

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

🄼🄸🄶🅄🄴🄻 🄾.

"How'd we end up.. like this?"

The brown eyed boy just side eyed me while I walked out of the deli, questioning how he must be feeling about what I said.

Did he hate my guts now?

Did he not like what I said?

Was the sandwich soggy?

My hands on each hip while walking away. He shrugged his shoulders, a knowing grin formed on his cheeky little old baby face. Miles knew I'll miss him from time to time. Since I'm going to Mexico for a job interview.

I chuckled at the teenager. He reminded me so much of my 9 year old son back home with his mimi... I miss him so much. My baby's name is Ryan, he's been with me since he was in my belly and his father was next to me in bed, holding my hand while we both cried after watching Ratatouille.

After the accident at my former job Alchemex on Earth 928.

I had no choice but to come stay in Kent Island, New York. Living in Brooklyn as well in whatever Earth Miles was from. Kent was like my 2nd home, without Miguel being there it felt so dull.

He was so young when it all happened. So young to know that his father would be gone just like that, in a blink of an eye. My household growing up was average. A two family parental home but no love filled the hallways. I didnt want that for my baby, he was my little boy and Miguel's son. My mother and father acted like strangers all their life so I was afraid of love a lot. Afraid that one day my whole world would disappear in an instant.

So I had to do my part to protect him and the start of whatever madness Miguel was brining on to me and Ryan.

(Flashback)
"You know what Miguel.. I can't keep doing this with you anymoreㅡ" I reached for my luggage instead he grabbed my arm, holding it gently in his calloused and rough hand. He stared me dead in the eyes, tears welled them while he looked at me with such pain I can't fathom.

I felt so sorry for him.
The guy I was planning on having a beautiful wedding with, that same guy who piggybacked me to his own apartment and the same guy who gently held me when I couldn't bare to speak out of pain. Now my fear became a reality, that fear of love and being alone grew as he had a conflicted and painful look on his face.

"Please honey.. Please don't take my son away from me.." His voice cracked with each tear that pooled down his face. My son kicked me and I placed my hand over, looking down at my large stomach, I felt myself start to cry too. I didnt want to leave Miguel but I had too. "Iㅡ just.. not our baby please. You can hate me just don'tㅡ don't take him away." I couldn't stand the sight of Miguel crying, never in the years alive known him have I ever seen a man cry like this. I immediately pulled him into an embrace, apologizing over and over. He pulled apart slowly after, and let me walk out the door, but grabbed my hand one last time before seeing me leave. I stayed in the house until I gave birth before planning on moving out and away.

(Flashback ends)

2 years later now and I have a full job, I make more money than I ever did and use it on Ryan for food, clothes, toys and his soon new uniform for school. I also practice science medicine in order to treat and vaccinate patients in family medicine department.

A lot of my job field and positions all went through when I was with Miguel. He was with me through everything I went through, encouraging me on the sidelines when my life was in a dark space.

I will never forget the look in Miguel's eye's while he watched me sob on the bathroom floor. Hugging a pillow to myself in a fetal position on the floor after finding out I lost my first girl. Miguel was in his early 20's and I was also in my very early 20's. It hurt so much because I always wanted a child at that time in my life.

I couldn't let those memories eat away my soul.
I needed to move on.

With my eyes shifted to the trash in my hand I shook away the depression immediately. It was me spending time with Miles, my focus had solely been on Miles tonight. I don't know when I'll come back to this world.
"God, you're gonna be a sophomore soon right?"

I'm gonna miss this kid.

"How about next time Dr. L/n?" I shook my head towards him while walking off and looking at the floor.

I'll miss Miles and our goofy talks before school, while he ate one of my famous breakfast wraps. The small thing's do matter in life. It all just depends on the concentration you give to them. Beautiful things exist on this earth, as well as beautiful people. But like beautiful flowers bloom, they die too.

I knew of his parent's. We are tight like that and I treat him like he is my younger brother and a good close friend of mine. That boy is talented, you hear me!?

He is like an older brother to Ryan. Someone he can look up to.

"See you soon Miles!" I waved off turning around as he saluted me, laughing to himself and walking off into the night. My hand reaches in my clutch bag to grab my keys, finding it and turning the engine of my car on. Leaving my former job to head to my apartment.

"Hey Siri, Call Shawn." I pulled my finger down for the left blinker to go off, checking my blindsports and pulling out. Headlights on while the car had smooth music, jamming and fighting to not become drowsy over the wheel.

A fast talker is what I am.
I'm good with words. So much time flys by quickly around me. While talking to Shawn about my odd life, his wife in the back whom I know personally since she is my friend after all. Gossiping about my former job and stupid utility bill I needed to pay for. He finally said a goodbye with Olivia in the back laughing.

I finally arrived to my apartment, flickering the lights on and setting my key into the bowl I brought from the dollar store. Putting my slippers on, placing my bag down and relaxing. A deep exhale came out of me, after this day... I don't know what to do. What to say.

It is gonna be a long night..

Hope ye enjoyed😨🪄see yall around ur lovely author, the one and only levis amazing butt cheecks