2: 1994

The sound of trees blowing in the wind filled my ears, I breathed in the fresh air, I smiled as my dog, Raven, licked my face, suddenly he perked up like he heard something, "What did you hear boy?" I was confused, and after I spoke he started running, "Slow down Raven! You're going to drag me into those weird looking plants over there!" I said to the beautiful black dog that was pulling me down the hill, "Ugh my hair is caught in them!" I said and untangled myself from the plants, and when I looked up, the night sky turned jet black, and the lamp post at the end of the sidewalk lit up bright, I heard a blood curling scream out of no where and began to run in the opposite direction on the sidewalk leading to the next block. As I was running, I noticed a stairway in between the two fences and without a single breath, I pelted up the stairs, Raven following behind, I saw a pair of blood red eyes also following behind me, I saw another stairway leading into the ground and went down it attempting to confuse the outrageous creature.

I continued to run, and saw a little underground cave with a river running inside of it, I slipped through the crack in the wall and entered the cave, I heard the monster in the distance so I didn't think it was very close anymore, I sat down winded, and drank some of the river water, "Oh no... where did Raven go!?" I panicked as I looked around for the dog, then I heard him barking and whining and then it all suddenly stopped... he was dead... that thing killed him... "Why! I swear I have the worst luck! My mom hates me! My dad hates me! Everyone hates me! And now I've lost the one thing that means the most to me... Raven..." I cried and cried and cried and eventually fell asleep in the cave.

I awoke to the peaceful sound of water running, and daylight streaming through a crack in the ceiling, I no longer heard the monster so I thought that maybe it had left, I got up, left the cave, and went back up the stairs, I crawled out of the opening through the two fences and realised that my neighborhood looked kinda weird... the sky was now pink, the clouds were blue and shaped like squiggly lines, and the sidewalk was pitch black, I walked back to my house confused and entered through the door, "Mom! I'm back and Raven is dead!" I called out and nobody answered, "Huh, weird..." I walked up to my room and everything just seemed off... I tried to find my phone but it had disappeared, in fact all the TVs were gone as well, I saw a calendar on the wall and read it... "July 31st 1994... 1994!? Yes yes yes! I time traveled!" I looked outside again and everything looked normal again, but now the houses had morphed into a 90s look, "This is so strange..." I said to myself wondering why this was happening.

I rode to the local Walmart on a bike from the garage and noticed that everything looked different, I then walked out into the parking lot and saw a camera looking straight at me, I walked out of the camera's sight only to find that it continued to change directions looking at me once again, I ran away from the camera, and entered a mist filled area behind the store, there was a man in all black standing there staring at me, he took a knife out of his pocket and threw it at my head, my head was bleeding out but I didn't feel any pain, it was great, I took the knife out and kept stabbing myself over and over, "Haha this is kinda fun! Thanks for the knife scary man in all black!" I skipped away still stabbing myself and went back to my house, I walked down the sidewalk and saw the plants again, there was a note beside them, it read 'GO BACK! YOU DON'T BELONG HERE!', "Go back to 2024? Never, I like the 90s, plus I can get hurt and not feel it, so I'm definitely not going through those plants again..." I went back to my house and looked at myself in the mirror, I almost didn't recognize myself with all the blood and messy makeup, "What happened to me...? Why am I doing this to myself? Why do I like seeing myself get hurt?" I sat down and slowly started to cut my eye out, but I wasn't blind, I could still see but my eye was gone, "How the hell is this happening..." I slapped myself in the face thinking this was a dream but sadly it wasn't, "What is this twisted reality...? And why am I still here?" I realised I needed to get out of here so I ran through the plants and up the stairs in between the fences once again, but the cave wasn't there, and the sky didn't turn black, "Am I stuck here?" I said to myself, wondering whether I'd ever make it back home, "I just wanna see my mom again and all of my pets...and my friends..." I started crying and an old woman came up behind me, "What's wrong my dear?" She asked.