4: The Creep In My Window

When I was young, I lived next to an old man, every night while I was sleeping, I would see him looking at me through my window, when I tried to tell my mom she said I was imagining it, but I knew it was real.

One night, I closed my blinds, hoping he wouldn't be able to see me, I went to sleep that night in peace, but when I woke up in the morning, my window was open, and there was a note left in blood writing, it said to look at the window in the backyard of the next door house, and so, I jumped the fence, and looked in the window, there was a bloody head of a girl about my age and a note that said if I didn't leave my blinds open that would be me.

And so, every night after that I left my blinds open so he could watch me sleeping, hoping that I wouldn't end up like that other girl.

A few years later we moved away, leaving the old man behind, I thought that was the end, and that I was safe from the old man, but I was mistaken. When I got in bed that night in my new home all the way across the country, I had forgotten one very important thing, I forgot to open the blinds, I didn't think it would matter because he didn't live close by anymore, but, once again I was mistaken, I heard the window open, I immediately knew who it was, the old man had followed me, but this time I was awake, I had been reading in bed, I quickly hid under the covers, terrified for my life, I heard the creaking of the old wood as he came through the window into my room, he walked around looking for me, and he spoke in a deep monstrous voice that didn't sound human, he asked where I was, I didn't reply, I didn't move a muscle, but I couldn't hold back a sneeze I had, he heard me, he came over to the bed and pulled the covers off of me, he looked as if he had been dead for many years, he carried a hammer in his hand, he swung at my head but I dodged.

I got up out of bed and tried to run out the window, he grabbed my arm aggressively and pulled me back, I screamed but no one helped me, he dragged me on my floor into my closet and swung his hammer again, this time he hit my hand, but still didn't hit my head, I escaped and ran to my nightstand, I grabbed a loaded gun out of my drawer, and aimed it at his head, I shot him about 10 times in the head, which was just enough for me to get to the window, I jumped out the window and ran away.

And so, after that, wherever I moved in the future, I always made sure I kept my blinds open, fearful that he may somehow come back and find me again, and maybe next time I wouldn't be so lucky. What I've learned from this is whoever you are, whatever you are, and wherever you are, never close your blinds at night, he will find you.