5: The Children That Play Outside In The Barn At Night

I've always lived in the countryside, among the coyotes and wolves, my whole life I have grown up tending to the farm, my family has always been big and is ever growing, our farm is strong, it's harvest season and things are going well for us, the girls have the job of harvesting crops while the boys hunt, but even though the work is tough, life's been good.

I walked down the little dirt path that was barely visible with all the grass covering it, it was night time, about 11:00 pm; I was heading to the stream, it was my favorite place to reside after a long days work harvesting crops, I guess you could say it was 'peaceful', but the main reason I liked it was because nobody else knew about my little spot, see, there's something special about it, I don't quite know what it is yet, but it's almost as if I feel like someone's watching me, someone like God, I always feel closer to him by the stream, I know he watches me there, and I know I will meet him soon.

I continued to walk for about 5 more minutes, when I finally arrived, there was a little abandoned barn that was by the stream, it burned down many years ago, but I find that what's left of it is very special because of the memories it holds. See, every ripped page is a memory, even though it may seem insignificant in the moment, in the end is could become your most valuable possession, I feel as if this barn is my ripped page, my story, and yet I've never even heard what happened, but maybe it's best left up to the imagination anyway.

I sat on a little log by the stream, the flowing water splashing up and down, frogs were chirping, and wolves were howling, it was nice, it was heaven.

*scratch* I tilted my head at the sound of a claw scratching like nails on a chalkboard against the side of the barn. *scratch* It happened again, and I continued to hear noises for a long time, my gut told me to leave; but I knew it was God, God was telling me to come near, he had grown claws for me, I was special, I always knew it, my destiny was near and I was going to be happy, I was going to be able to leave this farm behind, I wouldn't have to have kids with my brother, the rest of my family saw this as normal, but I didn't, I knew my family was made up of psychopaths, psychopaths who would beat you to death and not feel bad, my sister died last night, I could be next, so I must find God, he calls to me from this barn every night with those same scratches.

I walked towards the barn, and entered through the unstable doorway, "God? Are you here? Have you come to save me?" I called, eager to meet my savior, I felt someone grab my hand, "Close your eyes..." A dark voice whispered into my ear, I couldn't help but smile, it was time, nobody had ever escaped the farm before, everyone dies eventually, whether it be from my mother or father's wrath, or from the wilderness, or other demonic spirits who lurk around here, you must always watch your back.

I opened my eyes by accident and saw not God, but a little boy beside me, "Hello? Oh silly me! You're not my savior! You're just a little boy!" I laughed at my foolishness, and then crouched down to his level, all I could see of him was a silhouette because of how dark it was, he moved his arm in a calling motion in a different direction, and another child emerged from the darkness, they didn't speak a word, they just held hands and looked at me, suddenly, the boy snapped his fingers and a match appeared, he touched his finger to the match, and a fire lit, a fire so big that I had to jump back, I couldn't see very well in the flames, but I got a look at the kids, my eyes widened in fear, these were not innocent children, these were creatures who lurked in nightmares.

The children walked towards me, shovel in hand, and hit me to the ground, "Help!" I screeched, I crawled back on all fours with terror in my eyes, the little girl hit me in the head with the shovel 5 times, I was bleeding out severely, I rolled over, tears in my eyes as the smoke filled my nostrils, the last thing I saw was the children holding hands once again, watching the fire consume me.

(Background information: Her family are satanists, her father and mother can control the dead spirits of the barn, they are always watching.)