3: Sacrifice House

I sat on the toilet, the sound of the AC from the outside window playing in the background, I looked up, the light seemed to burn into my soul, the ceiling felt as if it was coming down on me, I heard something behind the shower curtain, I pulled open the curtain to find a body on the shower floor, I backed up slowly and ran out of the bathroom, I heard a voice that sounded a lot like mine speak out of nowhere.

"Where are you going?" The voice asked.

"Away from this place!"

"Why?"

"Because I don't wanna be in a house where there are dead bodies all over the place! I'm scared! I'm so so scared and probably screwed but you know it's fine..."

"Why did you even come here again?"

"To get out of the storm...?"

"Yes, so why are you leaving?"

"I-I don't know..."

"Stay. You can trust me."

"How am I supposed to trust a voice...!?"

"Do you trust yourself?"

"Yes but what does that have to do with-"

"Good. Promise me you'll stay?"

"Promise..." I looked around and then focused on the light above me that was flickering, I felt my bones begin to shiver, I felt both extreme heat and cold at the same time, I saw me appear in front of me except it wasn't me at all, this version of me was pale and looked all battered up almost as if I got attacked, the voice spoke again except this time I could see who was speaking, it was me, "Thank you." The other me said, and snapped her fingers, flames arose around me, and a man in a dark cloak stepped forward through the fire, "Do you want to die?" He asked.

"No! Of course not!" I cried and fell to my knees, I held up my cross necklace at the man and prayed silently hoping it would work.

"Silly girl..." He lifted my chin with his finger and made me look him in the eyes, "God won't get you out of this one, I'm afraid you stepped in the sacrifice house, and when you come here, you're in my territory."

"T-The sacrifice house? What's that?"

"It's a place where I take sinners and show them their fate, of course, it's always their time when they come here, but, it looks like it isn't for you. You're just a trespasser, but you're also a sinner, and I would have been coming for you sooner or later anyway, so what I'm thinking is... why don't we just get it done now!" He laughed and turned around, "What do you think sinner...?" He glared at me with a big smile.

"Please... what did I do...?" I begged.

"You fucking bitch... you haven't changed at all... you really don't know what you did!?" He screamed and made the walls tumble around me.

"No!"

"You bullied a girl until she committed suicide, and I believe that is the worst crime of them all, so now I shall show you your possible fate." He looked into my eyes and they turned red as I was put into a vision of my future, I was on a backwards cross being tortured and burned for eternity, I was horrified, "Or, you can continue to live knowing what you did."

"Well obviously I want to live, can I leave now?"

"That was a trick question." Before I could think I was pinned on a backwards cross, "HELP!!!" I screamed, but the man just kept laughing, he grabbed a stick with fire and burned out my eyes, the world spun, and I remembered when I used to stare up at the ceiling lights, it kind of reminds me of that, just more painful, "I'm sorry..." I choked and went silent as he stabbed the fire touch into my heart. I died.