I look in your direction, but I do not see you

Jp and Kelsey came to the scene a few moments later, thankfully Jason had calmed down and Craig could just say he slipped and fell in the river. "Craig! Wheres the vault, the notebooks!?"Jp questioned running along side Kelsey who was holding her sword in front of her "Yeah, I don't see anything besides Jason and you! What happened?"Kelsey did the same as Jp and her both took a stop when they came close enough to the two. Jason and Craig looked at each other and Craig provided an answer on behalf of Jason "Sorry guys, but the vault wasn't there just ground...I ended up ruining the flowers surrounding the rock though, sorry I ruined your flowers for basically no reason, Jason..."Craig cringed setting his hands on the ground beside him. He didn't mind how fake the apology felt at first but with what happened earlier Jason didn't feel a thing.

Jason appreciated the...I guess he'd say white lie told by Craig, if he knew Craig he'd probably be telling the whole creek about how his dad had his mom buried in their backyard. He could only imagine their reactions. "Rats! How are we going to prevent it now, we need answers!"Jp complained dropping down to sit. "*sighs* Well, I don't think it matters how the war started I think what matters is that we don't start one, y'know by digging up each others backyards and getting each other grounded...". Jason threw Craig a soft smile seeing Craig eyeing him at the last part.

Thankfully, Jp and Kelsey let Craig put the whole capture the flag case to bed and believed Craig's lie when Jp asked why he was dripping with water. The topic was changed by Jp asking who wanted to break the creek record for who could eat the most worms, Jason offered to be the referee since he had a whistle. Craig couldn't tell if he genuinely wanted to be the ref or if he wanted to get his mind off the breakdown he had earlier.

But Craig couldn't bring himself to read Jason for an answer, it struck him just now how much he looked like her. Expect alive, Craig kept looking down for the remainder of the time. Unable to look the dead wo- Ahem...Jason, in the eyes.

Time skip

The dinner horn rung and it was time for the four to get up, Craig stood back up and Jason walked towards him gesturing "Don't forget we gotta...". Craig remembered the mess he made in the backyard and almost jumped, "Oh yeah..."Craig muttered. Kelsey and Jp saw Craig walking back with Jason and didn't let them leave immune from questions "Where are you guys going? Craig, your house is the other way!" "You forgot where you lived?" "No I still know where I live, I just...Left something in Jason's backyard and I need to go get it"Craig made up on the spot.

Thankfully his lie was believed and the two continued their walk, Craig tried talking to Jason but every time he turned his head to look at Jason's left side of his face he visioned a bleeding gash from his temple to his cheek. Was that a maggot in his hair?

Craig shook his head from the thoughts and kept walking, maybe don't look at Jason...At least not for awhile...

They finally reached Jason's backyard, Craig felt himself struggle taking a single step back into the grass. He couldn't go anywhere near the rock knowing who was under there...

Jason turned around seeing he was the only one stepping in the backyard "Craig, I can't pick up a giant rock by myself"Jason sighed beginning to think Craig was opting out last minute, "I can move it! Sorry guess I got a case of the ol' jelly legs..."Craig lightly chuckled stepping in the backyard.

...

...

Craig shot his eyes open, before he knew it he was beside Jason in the middle of his backyard. He looked back at Jason who looked at him dully "What are you waiting for?"Jason asked seeing Craig just standing there, were his eyes always dead like that? "Uh...S-Sorry, let's fix her grave now..."Craig nervously chuckled.