You should just dye

"Your hair...".

That was the very first sentence to have escaped Craig's lips, staring at the still Jason sitting on his bed. Vitamin in his lap, hands folded, staring straight ahead, the scar on his right cheek finally making its public debut and navy blue hair Craig mistook for black was sitting on Jason's head, trimmed and all.

Hours ago

It was no secret Jason got little sleep last night. He kept waking up after passing out in his bed after taking care of...That.

The first time he woke up, the first thing he did was turn over and turn off his alarm for school. In this condition, he might as well skip school. He could already imagine Mr.Devaski slamming his hand on the classroom phone cause he thinks one of his students is on drugs, only for it to turn out he was inhaling chemicals for who knows how long last night.

When he was having difficulty going back to sleep, he decided to answer the question he asked himself before getting out of bed to commit the heinous crime.

Jason turned on his bedroom light and dug out his homework packet.

Just what he thought, he forgot to answer half of them.

Jason checked the time, 6am.

School was starting in 2 hours. He might as well do it.

Jason sat down at his desk and fished out a pencil and eraser.

He finished the homework by 6:30.

After the homework and putting it away in his backpack, he got under the covers and fell back asleep with Vitamin in his arms.

The second time he woke up, he didn't try going back to bed and simply checked the time. 7:50.

Jason abandoned the bed and changed into a different pair of pajamas. He got the navy blue hair dye from his closet, stole a towel, then stole a mini container and made his way to the bathroom.

Jason put the cushion seat in front of the sink. He unpacked the dye and analyzed the directions, the pictures were a good help on not fucking up his hair, so that was good. He wrapped the towel around his shoulders and was prepared.

After the dye was mixed in the container, he dipped the brush into the dye and stuck it in his hair. He repeated the action until clunky mushes of navy blue hair dye covered his hair.

He checked the directions again to see long this thing was supposed to sit in his hair. 30 minutes. Which was 30 minutes with his thoughts.

He set the timer on his phone and sat there paitently waiting on the edge of the cushion seat.

He boredly shifted in his seat, and this brought back plenty of memories. This was where she'd brush his hair before going to work. Whenever Jason kept moving around in this seat and Mrs.Durchdenwald had to get him out the door. She could just hand him Vitamin and brush his hair easily.

Now, it was time for him to take responsibility.

Jason looked at himself in the mirror. Bloodshot eyes mocked him, and his breathing was starting to rise. His lips started shaking just looking at himself. At the very last minute, Jason was starting to regret burying his father at the creek.

There was no denying he had done this to himself. He went to the creek to escape his father. How could he do that when his father was right there buried and rotting away like the unfaithful wife he murdered? Jason was a monster, wasn't he? His father was dead, yet he was here dyeing his hair like nothing has happened. He hated his father, but he couldn't let that hate sprout so much he becomes a suspect. He had heard stories about children who hated their parents so much that they took matters into their own hands and outlived them early. Jason never thought he'd be like that, but here he was, trying to get his mind off the terrible act he had done.