Blame game

How long has passed? How many months have gone by?

Jason stared out at his backyard, the destroyed flowers never changing. He knew he could just plant new flowers to replace the destroyed ones, but his dad hid the gardening supplies and said he didn't want Jason to go back to taking care of flowers. According to him "He'd embarrass him" By doing something he had been doing for years, yet no one said a thing but him. Eleanor was no help, claiming 'Next thing you'll know he's wearing frilly pink dresses and painting his nails', fucking Eleanor.

Jason closed the curtains to the sliding door and put his boots on to head to the creek.

Craig stood at the trading tree, line long as usual. Eventually he got his treat from the trading tree and walked to the right side to eat said treat. "Hey Craig...".

Craig almost jumped out his skin at the sudden lisping voice that spawning behind him, Craig spun himself around to see Jason standing there. Nervously standing there twiddling with his thumbs, his hair looked unbrushed and covered most of his face expect his right eye sticking out in the outside, staring right at Craig. Just like-

"I-I...I actually came to say sorry, I'm sorry for dragging you into this, I'm sorry I've been a jerk to you and the other kids but thanks for...Not telling anyone, I don't think anyone would react well knowing the Boy Scout has his mother buried in his backyard, ha ha..."Jason nervously laughed fixing his hair as he gave his apology. Craig almost looked ashamed, ashamed of the fact that fucking up a grave for someone that meant so much to someone ruined by his own hands, but Jason should be okay, Jason was at the creek when it happened so he never saw her die, right? He's fine.

"Oh...Uh, no problem Jason..."Craig almost gulped, before Jason fixed his hair Craig could have sworn he looked just like his mother when Craig found her, it didn't even look like he has had a hair cut since that day. "Like, really...I didn't actually think you'd go in my backyard-" "I said it's fine, Jason!"Craig's brain began to twist and turn itself to recall his feelings on that day, the nightmares the thought of Jason doing so much worse to him about knowing the truth-

"Oh, well..See you around..."Jason sighed turning to leave.

Jason walked off to Boris and Tony who were waiting patiently by a tree for Jason to stop speaking to Craig, Craig wanted to walk away since Jason did so first but he couldn't. For a split second Craig could see a bug hanging from the back of Jason's hair and spinning around in his wavy blond strands.

Craig shook his head shutting his eyes tightly until he felt he could reopen them.

The bug was gone and Jason was speaking to his friends. Craig took a closer look to be sure, no insect twirling itself around in Jason's hair. For a moment he swore he felt eyes on him as he was walking away to the stump.

Yeah, the stump, no one can get him there, it was a clam place, he peaceful place for hanging out with friends. It wasn't like Jason's backyard...

He was welcome there and he knew that, unlike his backyard where she was probably waiting to grab him by the ankles and pull him down so he could know what it's like to have your place of peace ruined...

"Enough, you're here now..."Craig lifted up the top of the stump keeping it closed and stepped inside.

He sat in his usual chair and enjoyed the silence, eating the treat he traded for. It'll be nice.

Time skip

The dinner horn rang it's daily tune and Craig walked home, the walk was surprising peaceful.

He put his house key into the keyhole of the front door and invited himself inside.

He expected his nose to pick up the small of his mother cooking, his ears to hear Jessica's small uncle show, the eyes to see the clean house.

But his eyes made him see a new thing on the living room coffee table, sitting there.

A vase of purple flowers, sitting untouched and staring right at Craig.

Craig feel his breath get heavy and his legs shook backing away until he bumped into his father, "Hey Sport! Ah, I see you saw the flowers I got for ya mom, I wanted to do something-"

Craig could barely hear the sentences from his dad, Craig just stared at...Them.

He didn't know what came over him, until he fell back and was running upstairs.

He didn't know if his dad was calling for him so if he in trouble, his body just told him to run.

Craig locked his bedroom door and slammed his back into it panting, he slid his back down his door and buried his face in his palms.

It didn't hit him for awhile.

Oh, oh damn, oh shit.

He had done it again.

His dad wasn't like Ms.Muhberry where she doesn't make you say what's wrong she just listens, but his parents might want an answer to why he ran off like that.

How was he going to explain, how was he going to make it look believable? How he was going to shove down the secret? How was he-

*Knock knock*  "My guy? My guy are you okay, you can ran off. Are the flowers that bad?"

Craig's father spoke through the door, damn...He didn't deserve this, he wasn't trying to make Craig run off so disturbed.

Craig better if he looked up now, she'd be staring down at angrily until he opened the door for his father.

Craig slowly got up with his eyes shut and unlocked the door to see his dad standing there wanting an answer.

"My man, is something wrong?".

Craig couldn't find the words to answer, he didn't know if he was trying to expose what was in Jason's backyard or trying to come up with a lie. But it didn't matter, Nicole came through the front door and had already seen the flowers. "*Sighs* Well, I'm not gonna make you talk if you don't want to, but remember, you can talk to me or your mom about anything"Duane sighed then made his way down the stairs.

"Oh, guess I'll be jumping every time I see purple flowers..."Craig angrily thought to himself.

He thought back to when he was at school, to when he made a fool out of himself and then now. "This is all Jason and his dad's fault..."Craig angrily thought to himself.

He didn't know when he'd calm down from his angry thoughts about Jason, but only time would tell for him.

Important thing, if there's anything I can improve on like grammar, something isn't making sense, etc. Please tell me I'll fix it.