001

The light murmurs of conversation filled the mall as the group talked

The light murmurs of conversation filled the mall as the group talked. Brenda was leaning up against the fountain, breathing heavily. Thomas and Minho sat on the fountain while everyone else gathered around.

Jennifer was there too, she was propped up against a pillar holding up the second floor, fast asleep. The group sat around and took turns glancing at the sleeping girl. "So she knows the cure?" Thomas checked.

"Used to, but I don't want you to get your hopes up. You don't know her, you don't know how she can be,"

"How do you even know her?" Newt asked as he stared at the sleeping girl.

"We helped her a while back," Jorge explained.

"How?"

"She was trying to escape WICKED and we let her hide out with us until WICKED gave up,"

"Why was she escaping WICKED?" Minho asked

"No clue, didn't speak a word other than one thank you,"

"How long will she be out for?"

"What the fuck?" A voice came from behind making the group jump. She sat, her brown eyes glaring at the group.

"Jennifer?" Jorge started before Jennifer lunged forward, a dagger in her hand and against Newt's neck.

"Make a move and your little friend, Newt gets it," she warned.

"Woah, woah, woah we aren't here to hurt you all right?" Thomas began to step forward slowly before Jorge stopped him.

"She's not bluffing, Thomas," he said.

"Jorge who the fuck are these people?"

"Jennifer, necesitamos tu ayuda," Jorge explained.

"What is he saying?" Thomas asked glancing at the group, they only shrugged. Newt began to try and push his throat away from her dagger but she only pushed harder.

"No respondiste mi pregunta," she said back, harshly.

"Estos son mis amigos. Brenda enferma," Jennifer glanced down at Brenda. Her chest going up and down fast, her eyes weary and cold.

"Jorge ya no ayudo a la gente," Jennifer said as she tightened her grip on the dagger.

"I- I can't," Newt began as he tried to breathe.

"Shut the fuck up," she said harshly. "Look, I'm very sorry about your friend but I don't help people, got it?" She said to the group. They looked at each other carefully.

———
Mall; 04:35pm
———

"I really dislike the way this escalated," she scoffed trying to free her hands from the ties.