022

We Belong Together-Ritchie Valens,

"Your mine," She said as she put a pullet through the man's head on the beat. The room was full of blood and death but she stood, blood on her face and clothes with a gun in her hand. "And we belong together," She smirked as she shot another guy on the laptop.

She headed to the now free laptop whipping the fresh blood from it and clicked through the security until it landed in a room with some familiar faces "Bingo," She whispered and turned to the man down from her "Thanks," She smiled at his lifeless body before leaving.

"Doo, doo, do," She hummed the lyrics and she went from room to room burying bullets and knives into anyone who found themselves in her proximity.

Until her eyes set onto about four guards in WICKED uniform "Well, this is unfortunate," She sighed before shooting her bullet square into one, and the others erupted into shots too.

She dodged each one by a mere few centimetres and slowly edges her way closer until she was about ten inches away from them and finished them off.

Cracking her fingers and neck and continued through corridors looking at room and room. "We belong together," She hummed under her breath. "Aha," She smiled and shot the lock of the door and kicked it open.

The music abruptly stops.

Silence as they stared back at each other. She was covered from head to two in dripping wet blood yet she was markless. "Hope that didnt hurt," She smiled weakly at Newt. He was dumbfounded.

"Why are you here?"  Thomas breathed as he looked at the hologram. She was different and had changed a lot in just a few months. She had a fringe now, and her hair just past shoulder length, still frail and pale.

"Could ask you the same thing, I've been giving Newt the code to break out for months. But anyways lets not have a little motherly meeting while our asses are being hunted down by a twenty first century swat team," she said as she went to leave before turning to the others "Unless you want to stay with WICKED?"

They went.

Following her through corridors and rooms as if she knew the place tm like the back of her hand. The group took in the bloody sights, people dead or dying on the floor, bleeding out fresh blood. It was gruesome.

The group had to force their stomachs back down at the sights and Jennifer, her carelessness as she walked through as if was a walk down to the park. "How many Cranks did this?" Thomas pushed out,

"Cranks?" She turned around with a confused gaze "It was just me," and shrugged and continued walking.

* * *

"This must be apart of another trial," Minho said as they walked out of the building.

"This most definitely is not a trial," Jennifer laughed from the front "We have ten minutes to get to that building, I sent the troops to a different location so they should be late by twelve minutes and fourteen seconds,"

"What the hells going on? Shes not even real," Gally said as he bought the group to a halt in the sand.

"Look, I've clearly got a lot of explaining to do, but id rather play teacher when our lives aren't on the line," she said "Now come on, were down to eleven minute sand forty-five seconds," she ushered

"Our lives on the line? You dont even a have a life. Jennifer your not real,"

"I know," she said calmly "But there's a lot more to whatever story WICKED told you. Now can we please go?"

"How do we even know we cant trust her?"

"Who else are you gonna trust, huh? Gonna run off and hang out with some Cranks, given of course WICKED doesn't capture you back? Im your only way out, now lets go," she said and trudged off into the sand "The building up ahead, not too far,"

They were uncertain at first but she was right, beggars can't be chosen. But still, nothing made sense if she wasn't real. How was she here?

Newt couldn't take his eyes off her, in complete bewilderment and awe of the girl. She's not here really, he knew that, but it felt so real. He felt as though... maybe, just maybe she was real and had come to save them.

It was quiet for the walk, well, Jennifer was quiet. The Gladers were asking and murmuring questions left and right.

"What trial do you think this is?" Thomas asked Newt.

"Shut up," Newt replied,

"What you just wanna sit and stare at her in peace? Got it," Thomas said before turning back to Minho, this didn't fade Newt in the slightest.

This wasn't real.