020

"What the hell happened?"

"How does this work?"

"Whats going on?"

"Somethings wrong,"

Questions sprung left and right from the group, waking up Jennifer abruptly. She furrowed her brows as she looked around. This wasn't right, she thought. Nothing about this was right, nothing that will happen is right.

"Brenda, Jorge," She breathed as she looked around, rising from the grassy ground. She searched quickly until she spotted them. "Go," She said to them quietly but urgently "Go, now,"

"What, why? Jennifer what the hell is going on?"

"I don't know, I just- Go," She forced them and pushed them away from her. They were unsure at first before she disappeared into the foliage, the urgency of her voice springing in the air.

"Jennifer, why are we here?" Newt asked as he found her.

"Blondie," She breathed a sigh of relief

"How the hell have we woken up at the end of the dome?" Newt asked quickly.

"Uh... I just- I don't," The loud sound of helicopter turbines spinning violently in the air cut her off. They all glanced up slowly with pale white paces. The wind hushed into their faces. "Newt!" She shouted over the loud buzz.

"What the buggin' hell is going on?" He yelled back.

"Remember the promise!"

"What promise!"

"You know!" was all she get out before the helicopter landed in front of them. An all-black swat team marched out with guns up, with the words WICKED on them in large yellow letters.

It was almost as if it all just appeared out of thin air, just minutes ago there was nothing and now there was everything... including Ava Paige and Janson on their way out.

"Hello Thomas," Janson said with a sly smirk. Thomas' mouth hung open while all the others looked at each other. How had WICKED found them, Jennifer was so sure that the dome was out of use, she had been here for so long-

"Jennifer," Ava called, all eyes set on Jennifer as she walked from the group. Avoiding all their gazes.

"I've been in deep shit with WICKED for a while..." Jennifer whispered to Newt before she walked towards Ava. It was as if every step she took pulled a vein from Newt's body and threw it to the floor.

"Hey Jenny," Janson said as he looked towards her,

"Dont call me that," She said harshly as she stood in front of  Ava. They exchanged a small number of words before the group watched Jennifer's hand clasp around Avas.

"What the..." Fry whispered

Newt stared at Jennifer, mouth agape, eyes frozen and ached slightly. She stepped behind Ava as if it was magic. It was like she decomposed right in front of them.

Disappeared into nothing. Newt was stunned, he didn't feel anything.  That was physical, mentally it felt as if someone had reached into his and taken absolutely everything and destroyed it right in front of him.

"Group A," Ava started "You have shown incredible development during The Forest Trails.  I'm sure some of you are wondering about Jennifer." Silence "Jennifer isn't real, she was a hologram the dome put together. She was designed to be a guide through the forest trails and as portrayed she was designed to make one of you fall in love with her,"

"She was originally designed for Minho, designed to be a direct mirror of Minho but Newt, you seemed to have beat Miho to it," She continued "Jennifer does not exist and has never existed she was merely apart of the experiment,"

Words bounced off every single side of Newt's brain. All start from the same word. Jennifer, she had betrayed them. But had she? If she didn't exist how could he be betrayed by someone who doesn't exist?

How could he feel the way he did over someone who didn't exist? How was any of this possible? "I see it's taking you a moment to understand," Ava sighed.

Jennifer wasn't real.

She never was real.

She never will be real.

But nothing made sense. How could he feel her pain? If she didn't exist? How could she have slept on his shoulder if she was a hologram? How could WICKED do this?

Newt's heart was beating, his legs feeling weaker by the shaky breath. His gaze stared at where Jennifer disappeared too. With all these rushing thoughts, one stood out.

He made a promise to Jennifer not too long ago. He remember it clearly, remembered her voice when she asked him. The guilt and pain that marked it now which he didn't notice at the time.

But then it hit him

But then it hit him.

You can't believe in someone who doesn't exist.