018

Neat opened his eyes slowly, seeing the vision of Jennifer every time he shut his eyes. His head was pounding hard and within seconds of waking he puked. Coughing and trying to clear his throat.

"Here," someone said, their voice echoing through his head. The voice handed him water but before he could drink it he passed out again.

This time he woke up from the moonlight. Awake for good now, a warm bottle of water wrapped in his hands. His head still throbbed as he tried to remember what happened. He had one thought.

Jennifer.

He looked around frantically, where was she? The haunting image of her helpless body was carved into the back of his eyelids. "Jennifer," he whispered and went to stand up before he was yanked back down. "I need to find Jennifer," he breathed over and over. Panic rushed through his body.

"Jennifer's right here trying to get some sleep," She said from beside him. He looked down into her brown eyes and warmth ran through him.

"Jennifer," he sighed with relief.

"You look terrible," she smiled.

"So did you, how are you- the Crank it-"

"Sounds like some awful hallucination. Please just sleep," she groaned,

"I can't, not after that you-" Things did start to make sense. Of course, it was a hallucination. Jennifer couldn't have died, that's not Jennifer. U less the Crank got them both, now they were dead. The Crank. It looked just like her...

"Blondie," she pleaded, "Just sit down and chill out,"

"It's all I can think about. You were, a Crank," he sat down slowly beside her.

"Do I look like a Crank, Newt?"

"No,"

"There you go. Now sleep,"

"I can't I- I need a distraction," he did, he was so tired but every time he shut his eyes the Crank was there looking back at him with big brown cold eyes. She sighed frustrated beside him and moved towards him, resting her head on him. Listening to his heartbeat. "What- why did you do that?" He asked,

"Distracting, is it not?" Silence overcame them. It worked. That was the only thing Newt could think about. The thought of the Crank had washed away and was replaced with Jennifer right now, so close to him. He didn't know what to do, what he was meant to do, but he didn't want to do anything. He didn't want to sleep either, he tried to remember every single second of this. "Please slow down your heartbeat," she whispered.

"I don't know how to do that," he whispered. Then silence came again. It was weird he was tired, he had been asleep for quite a while but was still tired. She was so close to him. He could feel her hair on his hand. Could feel the warmth that she projected. He didn't want to sleep, but that wasn't his choice...

"What the hell Newt!" Gally said loudly, Newt blinked opening his eyes slowly to see Gally and Thomas looking down at him.

"What?" Newt asked, still half asleep.

"You and bloody Jennifer," Gally accused, Newt looked down slowly seeing her fast asleep. 

"I uh..." He trailed, he knew he should've been angry. They had no idea who this girl was anymore, shes lied multiple times, tried to kill them all multiple times, has something to do with WICKED. But all this, he still didn't mind having there. 

Something about her presence made him feel... okay? Maybe, that was weird. What the hell?

"I knew something was happening. This is bad, this is really bad. You and her lovin' up to each other like this,"

"Gally please just shut up all right?" Newt tried

"What scared I'm gonna wake you little girlfriend up?"

"To be fair, yes. She not a morning person and-"

"Oh scary, shes not a morning person. I'm not shucking scared of her,"

"You should be," She whispered as she rose from Newt, looking at Gally carefully.

"What you gonna do?" He threatened.

"Gally please stop, its like seven in the morning-" Newt pleaded before Jennifer stood up.

"You remember when I said, that if you speak again I was going to rip your voice box out and feed it to my cat-"

"What a scary threat, as if you could even reach,"

"Oh baby," She broke out into a fit of laughter.

"Oh god, I hate that laugh," Newt whispered to himself. 

"That wasn't a threat it was a promise," She whispered slyly before she leapt forwards, knocking Gally to the ground at her sudden move. She leant over him, dagger in her hand. But before she could bury it into him, he turned throwing her off him. Her back crashed against a tree not too far away as Gally stood up walking towards her with a smirk. 

"Bet you weren't expecting this," Gally spoke bitterly. "How about I return a favour?" He teased pulling a long menacing knife from his pocket and leaning it down to her. She stayed still with a large grin on her face waiting for Gally to do something. "Whats this?" He asked as he leant down picking up a golden chain from the ground.

Jennifer knew that chain. It was small with the letter C carved into the round locket and on the other side was an S. Gally held it out looking at him before he clicked it open. A picture of a small blonde boy and a picture of someone who looked dangerously similar to Jennifer were inside. 

The pictures were scrubby and worn out of colour. But on the top of one was the name Carlise and the other was completely illegible. "Calise?" Gally said with a snigger "Wheres he now?" He mocked. Jennifer looked at him, all humour drained from her eyes as he spoke "Huh? Not acting very big now are you?"

"Gally stop-" Newt tried as he stood up and went to walk over. As he gained closer Gally stuck his hand out stopping him. 

"I'm sure Jennifer wouldn't want that, would you? So wheres Carlise?" She stayed quiet, her eyes filling with rage slowly "Carlise is-" Before he continued he was pushed against a tree, Jennifer's arm pushed against his throat and her other held a dagger, taunting his heart. 

"Say his name one more time," She spoke very very slowly. "One more time and I will skin your lungs," She whispered "One more time,"

"Jennifer-" Someone else asked, not Newt. She was shaking with anger now her knife was just centimetres from his heart now.

"One more time!" She spat.

"Carli-" Gally went to say before Jennifer went to plummet the knife into him. But she felt a sharp pain in her arm causing her to miss his heart and glide against his shoulder. She already knew. 

"Newt what the hell?" She turned to him, leaving Gally to his sources.

"Were you really gonna kill him, Jennifer?"

"Yes, I was very close to,"

"My point exactly," He sighed as he walked towards Jennifer, he went to walk past her before she spoke.

"You heard him didn't you?"

"I did,"

"... you don't get it," She whispered. "You just don't," There was quietness for a bit before she spoke louder at the now gawking group "We start walking, now,"