Chapter 6

My father raged in anger as he he gave me a dirty slap leaving a stinging sensation as his hand left my face.

"HOW COULD YOU, WAS THAT THE REASON WHY YOU HAVE BEEN WEARING OVERSIZED CLOTHES LATELY, TO HIDE THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT. I CURSE THE DAY I BROUGHT YOU TO THIS WORLD," my dad said as tears streamed down his face. He couldn't bear it anymore as he slapped me once more before pouncing on me to beat me but was held back by the rest of the congregation. 

"I think we have seen enough Mr Smith, I think this is not the right time for us to partner with each other, you have a family issue to solve so why don't you go home for now and maybe we will call you back during our next partnership program," the man with the walking stick said, obviously the head of the congregation. 

I couldn't help but lower my head in shame as tears pours freely from my eyes. I could feel people giving me nasty looks as they begin to gossip me among themselves. If only, if only I listened to Aiden, if only I listened to my instinct.

"But sir please give us one more chance, I promise I won't let you down, I promise our partnership will earn us alot of profit," my dad said as my mom continues to stare at me, both in shock and agony, the feeling of hurt and betrayal could be seen through her eyes. What a shame I have brought upon my parents.

"I'm sorry but an order is an order, I will see you next time Mr Smith, you may leave now," the man said bluntly at my parents.

"Let's just go love, it's not his fault anyways," my mom said as she manages to take my dad out of there as I followed closely behind as my head was bent in shame. 

The ride home in the car was very quiet as the atmosphere was very unwelcoming. My dad parked his car in his garage as we all alighted from the car. Upon reaching the front door of the house, my dad forcefully push me back making me land on the floor.

"Where do you think you are going to, wait here I'm coming," my dad said bluntly trying to control his anger as he got inside the house. I begin to shiver rubbing my arms together as I stared at the night sky regretting every bit of action I did as tears falls down my eyes.

"Why," my mom said as tears could be seen prickling down her eyes.

"I'm sorry," was the only word I could form as I turned my head to the other direction trying to hide from my mom's hurt yet judging eyes. Soon my dad came back with all my belongings making me fall on my knees in an attempt to beg as I know what he is about to do.

"NOW LISTEN, FROM THIS DAY ONWARD, I DISOWN YOU, YOU ARE NOT MY DAUGHTER AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER, YOU JUST PUT ME TO SHAME AND MADE ME THE LAUGHING STOCK OF TODAY. YOU BETTER GO BACK TO THAT BASTARD THAT GOT YOU PREGNANT," my dad said as he threw my bags at me managing to catch it as I continued to cry.

"Don't you think that is too far," my mom tried to intervene,

"Stay out of this, you better stay out of this Helen," my dad said calling my mom by her name making her flinch in shock. My dad pushed me out of his house undermining my mom's constant pleading. I could hear my mom crying as I was outside the gate as my dad locked the gate on my face. I just sat on the ground as I rested my back infront of the gate as I could hear my parents arguing. Unable to bear the hurt of my parents arguing because of me, I stood up to leave as I carried my luggage with me going to the place even my heart don't know, a place where I will call my void, the unknown. Everywhere was quiet as I continued to walk down the road, taking turns at some points with the stars being my guide. 

Too tired to journey further, I decided to look for where to sleep to spend the night so the next day I could go to work because now is the time where I need the money the most to be able to take care of myself and my baby. Maybe tomorrow I will beg Aiden if I could stay with him at his parents house. I continued to stare into the horizon as I soliloquies on how and why my life ended up like this. Already lost in my thoughts, I didn't hear when a tree twig snapped behind me signaling that someone was coming behind me. Soon I felt a pair of hands on my mouth as it dragged me back into the dark. The person laid me down as I begin to scream in fear but little to none anybody could hear because my mouth was being tied up by a cloth.

Adjusting to the darkness, I could already make out that the person is a male making me quiver in fear as it sends me deja vus. The man spreads my legs to his sides as he forces himself between me making me cry in pain as I begged him not to do what he was about to do. The man just smiled smugly as he unzips his belt bringing out his member as he shifted my pants to penetrate into me. I screamed and cried in agony as every thrust felt so painful. 

Few minutes went by as the man was already done with rapping me, he stood up to leave with just this words.

"Stop leaving a life of shame, just end your life and save yourself from disgrace." The man was right.

That was the day when I began to question God on my existence.