Chapter One.

Alistra-- 12:30AM

I was lying on my back, staring at the ceiling when I heard the door open. I pick up the machete and back into a corner. I see a male shape with a black robe and a white mask walk in. "I know you're here." He calls out. I assume he's talking to me. "What do you want?" I ask, stepping into the dim light of the barn. I see the glimmer of a knife move back into the folds of his robe. "I was looking for someone else." He says. "...A guy.."
"Any 'guy' who walks in here without my permission dies. You're welcome to look for his body, though." I reply, resting the machete over my shoulder. He walked quickly past me. "...Hey. No one's come in here since, what, 3, maybe 4 years ago. And I don't keep prisoners. Whoever you're looking for isn't here." I say. "And you let a stranger with a knife in." He said, pointing the knife at me. I point the machete at him. "What's your name?" He asked. "You first." I told him. "... Ghostface..?" He says hesitantly. "Oh, you meant killer names. I'm Shadow." I say with a bow. "Why 'Shadow'?" He asks. "Because it's what my friends used to call me." I reply with a smile. I moved closer and tried taking the mask off. Then I felt him stab me in the shoulder. I move back and look down at the knife embedded in my shoulder. "The fuck was that for?!" I ask, pulling it out. "Rude." I throw the knife to him, putting a bit of pressure on the wound and sitting down. "Sorry.. It's a reflex. I don't like people touching my mask." He says. "You're bleeding." He told me. " Oh, I didn't notice.. You just fuckin' stabbed me! Of course I'm bleeding!" I reply. "Shhh, you're going to attract attention." He tells me. I felt him pick me up. "Hey-" I start to protest. "Shh." He says, starting to carry me out of my barn. " I'm gonna take you to fix that wound and meet my... Friends.." He told me. I sighed and let him carry me off what I assume is his house. A rather large... I don't know whether to call it a mansion or a big house. It's painted with black, white and dark blue. He took me inside and it was a bit dark.
(404 Words)