Chapter Nine

Alistra-- 2:00PM
I had just finished with Brahms and started cleaning up. He was half asleep and so I had to try to move him off the bed and to the floor. "Mommy, stoppp..." He whined in his little kid voice. "Get off the bed then." I told him. "Fine." He got up off the bed and getting dressed. I changed the sheets and cleaned myself up. Brahms was already dressed and he watched as I got dressed. We walked out of the bedroom together and into the living room, where everyone stared at us as we took our place on a couch or chair.
"Uhh.. You had a good time, then...?" Tex asked.  I blush slightly and nod. The room was quiet. "Imma... Go outside...? " I say. Norman grabbed my arm roughly and tried to hold me down." You're not going outside! Not after what happened this morning..." He said. "Not even on the porch?" I asked. "... The porch would be okay, I guess..." He said, letting go of my arm. I went outside to sit on the porch and Norman followed. The sun hit my face, making my scar shimmer in the light. "What happened?" He asked. "... An incident. There was a girl and boiling hot water." I told him.  "Oh. That sounds bad..." He said. "I went blind in one eye and I have a permanent scar. It's not that bad..." I reply as I stroke his hair. "You're blind??" He asks, confused. I nod. "Only half blind." I tell him. He looks up at my blind eye. "I thought you could see out both eyes?" I look over at him. "Nope! I can't see out of my left eye. At all."
Brahms--2:15PM
I sat quietly on the chair, spread out a bit. I felt tired but didn't want to sleep. " So. What happened with Alistra?" Stu asked. "We... We did the thing..." I mumble. "Was she any good?" Tex asked. I nod happily. "The best..." I say with a smile. "You've done this before-?" Billy asks. "...No..." The mask hid the bright red spreading across my face.  "I'll go see what Norman and Alistra are getting up to..." I stood and quickly walked outside. Alistra and Norman were sitting together. Alistra had her hand on his lap. "-I think the scar's pretty." Norman said. "Scar?" I ask, sitting down on Alistra's other side. "What scar?" "Someone threw hot water at her and it scarred her." Norman told me. "I also went blind in that eye." I look over her face. I see the scar, but her eyes both look normal. "I didn't get cataracts." She said. "Oh. Makes sense." I say. I rest my hand on her lap and Norman looks at my hand, seeming slightly irritated. "What." I say, confused. He looked up at Alistra, back at me and back at Alistra. She looked at him. "What?" She asked. "He's touching you." He told her. "Oh. It's fine, I don't mind." She pets his hair. "Well, maybe I do..." He mumbles. "Hmm?" She looks back over at him. "N-nothing." He says. We all look out at the forest. It's still raining out and Alistra obviously wants to go out and enjoy the rain. Norman won't let her because he thinks she'll get hurt. She's fully awake, not tired in any way, shape or form. I smiled behind the mask as she stared into the forest. She jumped off the side of the porch with a slight hiss of pain and started on her way through the grass. I jump down after her and run to go get her. "WHERE ARE YOU GOING-???" I ask. "The forest! Forests are always pretty when it rains!" She yells back. I groaned and followed her into the forest. The leaves blocked out most of the rainwater. She started pulling me off to somewhere. "I have something I wanna show you!" She said. We arrived at the edge of a pit. "Come on!" She said, running over to a -ramp?- and going down into the pit. There's an alcove in the wall that I hadn't seen at first. "Look, look, look-" She pulled me over to the wall and showed me a cave inside. I felt myself be pulled in and I look around to see the walls are pretty much smooth, there's shelves carved into the walls, there's a bed on the left side, even stairs, meaning a lower floor. I wonder who built it all... " She said." If there were blankets on the bed, they've rotted to shreds. It must be pretty old. " I say." It's abandoned, look. " She blew on one of the shelves, a thick cloud of dust came out." I haven't seen the lower part yet, let's go!" I didn't have much choice. I was dragged down to the lower floor. I smiled behind the mask at her enthusiasm. A second later she brought me a bone. I inspect it and decide it's a rib bone of a small animal. Maybe a rat or a squirrel." What's it from?" She asked. "A small animal." I told her calmly. "Let's leave, just in case it's not abandoned and there's some murdery guy here hiding out." She nods and I lead her out. She led me back to the house and I assume went to find Norman to tell him about the cave.

(928 Words)