ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟦 - ᴀᴄᴛᴀ, ɴᴏɴ ᴠᴇʀʙᴀ

ᴀᴄᴛᴀ, ɴᴏɴ ᴠᴇʀʙᴀ

(ɴ.) "ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴs, ɴᴏᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs."

_________

David practically rammed himself onto his bed running from Darrian.

"Gimme back my stuff!!" A very familiar voice screamed. Darrian ran into David's room and toppled over him.

"Ion got it!!" David was laughing, knowing that he was lying.

Darrian straight-faced him, contrary to popular belief, David wasn't a good liar.

They were at David's house for the day, Darrian's grandma had some important stuff to do that required them to be out of the house so they would just have to make do there.

"Look I'm only gonna ask you one more time, David, where is it?" He said with fake displeasure.

"Fine, fine, fine," he laughed again before continuing, "here."

He pulled out a 20 dollar bill and Darrian snatched it right out of his hand.

He got off of him and the door swung open. It was David's mom, "Do yall want food? I'm about to go out and-" she looked up and stopped talking,

"....why are y'all sweaty?" Confused, She questioned.

They both shrugged and laughed.

She cleared her voice a little "Well, um anyways— as I was saying, I'm going out to get some food, do y'all want anything?" She asked.

"Yeah, where you going? Please don't say McDonald's...."

"Actually no, I've had enough of that place for the month, " now it was her turn to laugh.

"I'm going to Chipotle, What do you guys want from there?"

"Yes I love that place, I want..." David started to tell her his order.

Her eyebrows furrowed downwards a bit as she looked at her son. Initially, When she walked into the room, she couldn't help but notice her son's facial expressions.

It was so...hopeless. Like there was something he really wanted but couldn't have.

The truly confusing part was what he wanted. I mean, really.

What did he want?

It broke her heart in two. It was the same face he'd made when his brother died.

But, he had come to terms with Ethan's death. After the crazy amount of money spent on therapy, —mostly because they switched therapists every three to five business days for 2 months straight until they found the perfect fit for him.

......Could he still be feeling guilty?

No, that's not right.

She squints her eyes, there has to be a big " something " that she's missing.

"Mom?.........MOM!" She's taken right out of her thoughts when she feels David tapping her shoulder and screaming at her.

When the hell did he start standing up?

"I was trying to get your attention for a few minutes now." He sits back down on his bed and looks at Darrian.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat...."

She takes a quick glance at Darrian and then back at her son.

Oh.

OH.
__________

ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ

ɪ ʀᴇᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ᴘʀᴏᴠɪᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ ʟᴀᴡ. ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇ, ᴅɪsᴛʀɪʙᴜᴛᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ ᴀᴅᴀᴘᴛ ᴀɴʏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴇʀᴍɪssɪᴏɴ.

ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ!