ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟣0 - 侘寂

ᴏʀɢ - ᴊᴀᴘᴀɴᴇsᴇ

(ɴ.) ɪᴍᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ

ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴅ "ᴡᴀʙɪ-sᴀʙɪ"

______

Chris drove to a nearby Walmart and then parked in the parking lot, taking the key out of the ignition.

"David is your best friend right?" He started, taking his hands off the steering wheel and placing them on his lap, clasped together.

"Yeah?" Darrian swiftly answered.

"You would do anything for him?" He waved off the younger boy's questioning tone. He was asking the questions.

"Yes.... What are you getting at?" He asked.

"His terrified screams and cries wouldn't be something you'd want to hear right?" Chris looked at him, his eyes blank, truly stunning Darrian.

"I..." he looked away, counting his breaths. He was now realizing the seriousness of this conversation.

"Darrian," Chris said.

"Yes?" He didn't turn to look at him at all.

"Should he tell you anything, and you tell someone else? I will know." The older males threatening tone was blatant.

"I... wouldn't." Darrian's voice was feeble but not submissive.

"Being yourself shouldn't come with a price, but around here it does. Too many people have died for being themselves. That will not happen to him, got it?" That sounded like a question but Darrian knew better.

"Yes." He still answered.

"Good," Chris replied.

He started the car back up and began driving once again.

They both sat in silence the entire car ride back to his house. No music playing, no talking, nothing.

When they got home, Darrian quickly rushed off into the house, looking for David.

He found him in the guest room and hugged him tight. He still had no idea what was going on but if it is as serious as they were making it sound, he found himself feeling sorry for the smaller boy.

As the two hugged, David began to cry. Through his tears, he whispered, "I wish I could tell you, but you wouldn't accept me."

He gently pushed Darrian off and away from him, then hugged his knees to his chest, wiping away the tears as best he could.

Darrian, a bit surprised but still understanding, sat nearby and waited patiently.

_____

"Why are you still here?" David began to get annoyed. It had now been a few hours since Darrian came into the room. Day had already turned to night.

"Waiting for you." He stated simply.

"Why—" he was cut off instantly.

"I don't care, I'm staying whether you like it or not." He quickly said, giving him no room to argue.

More hours went by as they sat in comfortable silence. David kept his eyes on him the entire time, waiting for him to fall asleep.

As soon as he felt the other boy had gone to sleep, he got up and tried to tip-toe out.

Darrian with too-fast-reflex's speedily grabbed his leg and made him fall face-first before he could even react.

"You didn't think I was going to knock out that easily did you?" he smirked.

David rubbed his head and scowled.

Darrian shimmied his way to where he was laying next to him then he turned the front of David's body to face him.

After taking such a hard fall, David flat-out refused to look at him, turning back around.

Darrian saw that as an opportunity to spoon him, he was a bit taller so naturally David fit comfortably.

The-older-boy's mind didn't even have time to race, he was way too tired for it, so he just fell asleep.

Darrian didn't and after a while, started to play with the other boy's hair.

Then he had a funny thought which he hurriedly brushed off.

He had accepted himself a long time ago as a bisexual but David had yet to do that or probably just wasn't. Though, his gut never really lied to him.

Darrian wasn't dumb, and he was prepared to be there for him when that time comes. But, now, there was this issue he couldn't know about for some odd reason.

And by any means necessary, he was going to find out and resolve it himself.

Come hell or high water.
_________

ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ

ɪ ʀᴇᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ᴘʀᴏᴠɪᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ ʟᴀᴡ. ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇ, ᴅɪsᴛʀɪʙᴜᴛᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ ᴀᴅᴀᴘᴛ ᴀɴʏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴇʀᴍɪssɪᴏɴ.

ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ!