ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟣𝟥 - ʟᴀ ᴠᴇʀᴅᴀᴅ ᴀᴅᴇʟɢᴀᴢᴀ, ᴘᴇʀᴏ ɴᴏ ǫᴜɪᴇʙʀᴀ.

ʟᴀ ᴠᴇʀᴅᴀᴅ ᴀᴅᴇʟɢᴀᴢᴀ, ᴘᴇʀᴏ ɴᴏ ǫᴜɪᴇʙʀᴀ

(ɴ.) "ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴍᴀʏ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs"

_____

He slightly dropped his head, his curly hair falling in his face as he gripped the arm of the chair he was sitting in.

He was seething with anger, but quietly responded with, "I do not."

"But you-" Tyler was cut off before he had the chance to finish his sentence.

"—Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom..." David said, successfully shutting him up.

He slowly got up and speed walked to the bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind him.

Meanwhile, Darrian's grandma had gone completely pale from stifled embarrassment and awe.

How someone could be so oblivious but so intelligent will forever be a mystery.

She coughed a little to get rid of the awkward silence.

"Darrian it's your turn." The old lady motioned towards the game, already noticing the hurt look on her grandson's face.

Darrian took a deep breath, pushed aside his hurt feelings, and mustered up a smile.

"Let's finish this." He said, resigning himself as he leaned forward and picked up the dice.

He shook his hand and rolled the dice, landing a six, coincidentally winning.

"Done," he said before standing up and stretching and saying, "I'm gonna go out for a bit."

He walked away, seemingly to go get some proper clothes and shoes on.

The old lady got up and walked over to the seventeen-year-old, ruffling his hair up once close enough.

"How about we go outside for a bit? I know you have new stories to tell me." He nodded and she took his hand, leading him out to her tiny porch.

In the meantime, Darrian had already gotten dressed and ready to head out as he only changed his pants. walking past the bathroom, he heard an almost silent yelp.

He halted and knocked on the door.

"You ok in there?" He asked.

No one answered.

Getting a bit worried, he tried the doorknob, twisting it harshly.

Locked.

Without voicing it, He began to fear the worst.

He banged on the door repeatedly, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Stop! I'm fine." David yelled, sounding defensive.

His hand fell to his side as anger grew. He felt like punching the door in, but kept his composure, readying himself for the next sentence that was about to come out of his mouth.