ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟣𝟣 - 金継ぎ

ᴏʀɢ - ᴊᴀᴘᴀɴᴇsᴇ

(ɴ.) "ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴛʜɪɴɢs."

ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴅ "ᴋɪɴᴛsᴜɢɪ"

_____

When morning arrived the next day they both left; catching an Uber back to Darrian's grandmother's house.

When they walked in, the two of them were smothered in forehead kisses by the old lady. She was delighted to see them again. Her husband passed years before and the loneliness was starting to get to her.

After, They both walked to her bedroom and David sat his stuff down.

"I'm gonna go get in the shower." He said, getting some clean clothes out of his bag.

"Well, I'm gonna change and go to the store." Darrian responded, having already showered at Chris's house.

"Ok," David answered back before walking away.

Darrian stared for a bit before closing the room door and changing like he said he would.

____

David took a thirty minute shower, or what he would call a 'quick' shower; as to not leave his bestfriends grandma by herself.

Darrian had already left by then and had yet to return.

He dried himself and got dressed before walking out into the living room.

She was sitting on the couch and knitting what looked to be a sleeve of a sweater.

David sat on the aging but soft armchair, patiently waiting until she was done.

"Would you like some tea, David?" She asked, putting the yarn and large knitting needles down.

He hesitated for a second and then mumbled a "yes,". His cheeks turned a bright pink out of embarrassment, He didn't expect her to say anything to him.

She got up and walked into the kitchen, David getting up and walking not to far behind her. She then got the kettle off of the top of the cabinets and the tea out of the pantry.

She took the small metal lid off and turned on the sink, watching the water instantly pour out. After that she put the opened kettle under the flowing water and watched it fill up.

It only took a few seconds as David observed her taking the now-filled kettle and putting it on the counter. He was subtly impressed by her speed.

"David, can I ask you a question?" She asked, picking up the top and putting it on the kettle.

"Anything." He answered.

She turned off the sink and turned on the stove in a quick motion, then setting the kettle on it.

"Are you in love with my grandson?" She asked, her voice as gentle as ever.

"Um-" he was cut off.

"Please don't lie to me, you have never done that before." She stated, her back still turned away from him.