Chapter 5

Her Khushi. Her little sister being dangled by the edge from the first floor by ASR.

Payal felt her blood run cold when ASR let her hand go, Khushi slipping and falling down.

"KHUSHI!"

Two hours back....

"Lavanya-ji please stand here." Khushi ushered her on the little platform for models and began wrapping different colour fabrics around her.

"What are you trying to do Chamkili?" Lavanya asked in a tired tone.

Khushi had been ecstatic when Lavanya gave her a nickname. They were so close! Despite what Lavanya said, Khushi knew they were the best of friends.

Lavanya stood up for her whenever the other models taunted her clothes or her way of speaking. Despite being fluent in english, Khushi was simply more comfortable in Hindi.

Now all Khushi had to do was give her a nickname. So far the rejected ones were Miss India, Hawa Hawai and Jalebi.

"Trying to choose a colour theme for the designs. ASR said it's a spring collection and our main clients are from Greece. I'm trying to check which colours would suit best.

Khushi had gotten most of the designs ready. Once the colour palette was decided, they could go ahead with buying the fabric.

"How about High Heels?"

Lavanya exhaled sharply. "Stop it with the nicknames Chamkili."

"It's not fair you get to call me Chamkili, even I want to call you something different."

Lavanya rolled her eyes, wincing when Khushi accidentally pricked her with a pin. "Careful, dammit!"

"Ji, ji. Alright, for you skin tone, yellow and white would look the best." Khushi freed Lavanya from the pile of fabrics. "I'll go tell Anjali ji so the accessories and photoshoot studio can be set up."

Anjali had asked Khushi to finalise the colour scheme for planning the photoshoot venue. Khushi peeped into her office but found it empty.

"Hari Kaka, where is Anjali-ji?"

"Khushi-ji she is in ASR's office."

Khushi groaned internally. I have to go into his office again? Begrudgingly, she dragged her feet to Arnav's cabin.

"Excuse me, Anjali-ji? ASR?"

"Khushi-ji please come in."

Khushi noticed the boxes open on the table. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to interrupt your lunch."

Looking at the variety of dishes, Khushi's stomach let out a small rumble.

"No it's completely fine. We were just starting."