with lips stained red - part 2

[smut coming to the end

for those who want to skip, it begins at: Jiang Cheng felt Lan Huan's hand move from his face down to his wrist, wrapping his long fingers around him, pulling Jiang Cheng up and towards the bed.

and ends at: Jiang Cheng smiled, glowing in post-coital bliss, his hands dropped from Lan Huan's shoulders, and he reached out to Lan Huan, lacing their fingers together.]

//

When Jiang Cheng was settling down for the night, he made his way to his vanity, fixing his mirror, spreading out the familiar porcelain and brushes, and he got to work. Marriage, with Lan Xichen, all felt so surreal. He still had yet to tell Lan Xichen about this, he wanted to, don't get him wrong, he really wanted to tell the other man but... but he genuinely didn't know how to say it, and the uncertainty of how Lan Xichen would react added to his anxiety. Jiang Cheng never intended to keep secrets from Lan Xichen nor would he ever, but this one, it might take some time before he could just talk freely about it.

What felt like a silly fantasy a lifetime ago was now slowly becoming his reality, his courtship with Lan Xichen had been unconventional, as would their marriage later in the month. It was unheard of for two sect leaders to marry, lest two men, mainly because of the lack of heirs between such a union, but Grandmaster Lan had been adamant, defending their union to the Lan elders. On Jiang Cheng's side, his disciples were happy for him, the new Jiang sect had been unique in many ways, and this would be no different.

He couldn't hold back his smile as he applied the rouge to his lips, his thoughts wandering into the more delusional category once again. His more optimistic side liked to believe Lan Xichen would react positively to this thing Jiang Cheng does, that Lan Xichen would treat him so nicely, like the pretty, little thing Jiang Cheng so desperately wanted to be. He bit his lip at the idea of Lan Xichen calling him pretty, pretty for him , and Jiang Cheng had to will himself to stop thinking further, mentally reprimanding himself for such shameless thoughts. Jiang Cheng doesn't hate the idea, of being a pretty thing hanging off Lan Xichen's arm, like he always belonged there.

(The week before their wedding, Jin Ling, at the tender age of twelve, gave Lan Xichen the shovel talk (again), Jiang Cheng would've found it amusing but his nephew kept painting him like a helpless maiden. This brat.

"And Zewu-jun, don't you dare hurt my jiujiu's feelings, you hear! I'll make you regret it!" Jin Ling exclaimed, and Jiang Cheng fought the urge to roll his eyes at the scene unfolding before him, he really doesn't want to find out why Jin Ling was giving Lan Xichen this talk again. "I can't believe you'd sneakily plan a wedding behind my back, humph! Just because I approved of the courtship doesn't mean I okayed a wedding, Zewu-jun!!"

Jiang Cheng held back the urge to tell Jin Ling that he already knew about the wedding and said 'Okay, once jiujiu is happy.' So, Jiang Cheng really doesn't know where this sudden protective surge came from, maybe reality was finally setting in for the younger boy.

"You brat! Is that how I taught you to speak to your elders?!" Jiang Cheng scolded, glaring at Jin Ling who just glared right back.

"I'm protecting you, jiujiu, I need to make sure Zewu-jun doesn't do anything funny!" Jin Ling reasoned as if that made any sense. Jiang Cheng could feel a headache incoming, this boy .

"I admire how much you care for your jiujiu, Jin Rulan," Lan Xichen cuts in, easily dissipating the building tension. "I assure you I will not do anything to cause Wanyin any distress."