good boy - part 3

[smut]

/

x.

Lan Huan opts to stay at Lotus Pier as his wounds heal, wanting to spend more time under Jiang Wanyin's watchful eyes, really, who can fault him for that? Especially when Jiang Wanyin takes his time to reapply the healing salve and redress Lan Huan's wounds every morning, he's not ready to give up such attention yet.

Although this means the others that joined the night hunt decide to stay as well. Jin Rulan most obviously stays – reasoning that he prepared his sect for a week-long absence and 'it has only been two days, jiujiu, it'll be fine.' Jiang Wanyin lets his nephew stay without any resistance. However, Wei Wuxian and company – Wangji, Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, and Ouyang Zizhen – had to plead their cases just a bit more. Jiang Wanyin reluctantly allows them to stay, not without him thoroughly warning them to not be a nuisance and to not cause any trouble.

Lan Huan heals nicely under Jiang Wanyin's care, by the end of the second day, his wounds disappear completely like they were never there in the first place. Lan Huan enters Jiang Wanyin's study, he's doing paperwork, and from the looks of it, he's currently processing night hunt reports. Lan Huan sits across from Jiang Wanyin, careful not to disturb him, Lan Huan waits until Jiang Wanyin is done to steal away his attention.

"Wanyin," Lan Huan calls quietly, Jiang Wanyin shifts his attention to Lan Huan, setting aside the finished reports and placing his brush down in its stand. Lan Huan pulls up his sleeve to show Jiang Wanyin his arm, free from any type of blemish, "Am I all cleared now?"

"Let's see..." Jiang Wanyin leans forward to inspect Lan Huan's arm, Jiang Wanyin wraps his fingers around his arm, lightly pressing against Lan Huan's skin, "Does it hurt?"

Lan Huan shakes his head, "I'm all good, much thanks to you, Wanyin."

Jiang Wanyin scoffs, moving to intertwine their fingers together, "Me? I hardly did anything."

"Without my good boy's care, I wouldn't have healed so fast," Lan Huan says, his lips upturned in a smile, mischievous, as he watches Jiang Wanyin's eyes widen, and he hears how Jiang Wanyin's breath hitches.

"Xichen-ge..." Jiang Wanyin breathes, Lan Huan watches as Jiang Wanyin squirms in his seat across from him, watches the lovely red colour his cheeks, and Jiang Wanyin shifts his gaze away from Lan Huan, instead choosing to focus on their intertwined hands.

"Hmmm," Lan Huan hums, leaning in closer, he can feel the heat radiating off Jiang Wanyin's skin. "You took such good care of me; I think my good boy deserves a re–"

Before Lan Huan can finish his sentence, he gets interrupted. "Oh! Lan-da-ge, you're all better now?"

Of course, it's Wei Wuxian, he pokes his head into Jiang Wanyin's study. "We should celebrate, Jiang Cheng – oh am I interrupting your Lan-da-ge time, Jiang Cheng?"

"You are not interrupting anything!" Jiang Wanyin pulls away from Lan Huan in a flurry, trying his best to compose himself as he gets up from his seat. "Celebrate? More like you want me to pull out the good wine. Hmph!"

Wei Wuxian pouts as Jiang Wanyin walks over to Lan Huan's seat, his arms crossed over his chest. There are still some lingering traces of the blush on Jiang Wanyin's face and a slight tremble to his body.

"C'monnnn, Jiang Cheng, don't be like that! Do you treat all your guests so coldly?"

"Wei Wuxian, you – !" Jiang Wanyin begins, "You know what, fine. Yes, let's celebrate Xichen's speedy recovery, that way you and your obnoxious husband will leave sooner."