9

9| First day of school!

Nobody's POV
August 25
Saturday

Desiree is slowly getting over her ear infection and she's feeling a bit better. The girls start school on Monday and two out of the three are so excited. Tamar is more excited since she is leaving high school and planning on going to college. She can't wait to leave that school and hopes that her senior year goes smoothly. She already got her schedule and she will only have four classes for the first semester and in the second semester, she will only have one class, gym.

Azuree is starting second grade this year and she's excited too. She'll meet new friends and teachers. She's also excited to learn more and not be home all the time. Skai is not really excited to start first grade. Although she won't be in a "baby grade" anymore, she doesn't want to leave her parents. She'll miss them and she wishes that she never told them that she wanted to attend school like her aunt.

"Momma I don't want to go." Skai whined to her mother. The couple and their three children laid in bed after finishing a movie. Skai on the side of Janet, Azuree on the side of Toni, and Desiree in the middle of her parents.

"Skai school is on Monday you might change your mind."

"No, I won't. Can I stay home from school all year?" Janet laughed at her daughter.

"No, you can't love." Skai dramatically sighed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Skai."

"Momma."

"Don't you have friends at school? What about Kyla, don't you miss her?" Kyla Drew is Skai's best friend and they saw each other a few times this summer.

"Yeah."

"Okay then. School isn't that bad because you'll see Kyla." Skai just shrugged and Janet laughed.

"Be happy for school Skai, you don't have to be here all day!" Azuree said excitedly. She didn't really like being home all day and being bored. Don't get her wrong, she loves her family but she misses being with her friends.

"Oh, you're tired of us?" Toni asked jokingly and to her surprise, Azuree nodded her head.

Toni gasped, "Oh! Really?"

Azuree laughed, "I'm just joking Mommy. I'll miss you guys."

"Mmm right."

***

Tamar's POV
Sunday

"Auntie Tay let me winnn." Azuree whined and I shook my head. We're playing uno and she's losing, badly.

"Nope, losing builds character and you can't always have your way."

"So? I'll tell my mommy."

"Call yo mommy. I don't care."

"Mommyyy!"

"Tamar let her win!" I heard Toni yell from the kitchen and I rolled my eyes. These kids these days have it easy.

"Told you." She said and stuck her tongue out at me. I shook my head and the next few rounds we played, I let her win.

"I'm a winner!" She chanted and began dancing.

"Girl you dance like your mother and I'm not talking about Janet."

"Tamar I heard that!" Toni said from the kitchen again and I laughed. We put the cards back in the deck and then it was time for dinner. Toni and Janet made salmon, rice, and string beans. Whew, it was sooo good that I had seconds. After dinner, I headed upstairs to get ready for bed. I took my shower and then got dressed. I'm not even tired because I've stayed up late all summer. Should've never done that.

I checked my school bag and made sure that I have everything for school tomorrow. I then headed to my closet and picked out clothes for tomorrow. I settled on a pink crop top and a pair of light blue jeans. I'll figure out what shoes I'm wearing tomorrow. Hopefully, there will be new kids this year and new teachers. I wouldn't wish for any drama because that would be too much, especially for my senior year. I just want to go to school and get out. ASAP!

***

Nobody's POV
Monday
8:15 AM

"Momma I go to school too?" Desiree asked as Janet unbuckled her from her car seat. Today they were taking their children to school, of course. Skai wasn't as excited as her sister and aunt but she will have to deal with it.

"No, not yet baby."

"Ohh, when I get big?"

"Yup, when you get big." Tamar had already gotten into her school building a few minutes ago.

"Take me home." Skai ordered and Toni shook her head.

"Didn't I tell you that school isn't going to be that easy?"

"Yes, and I should've listened to you."

"And it won't get easier."

"Harder?!" She asked and disbelief and turned around, heading to the car. Toni laughed and grabbed Skai by her backpack. She bent down to Skai's level and grabbed her hands.

"Little girl, you are going to school today and you are going to have a good day, okay?" Skai nodded.

"Now, Kyla is waiting for you over there and you will go inside of the building. Your mother and I will be here to pick you and your sister up later, understand?"

"Yes." She hugged her mother and Toni hugged her back. The couple hugged and kissed their children before sending them inside the school building.

"Two down one more to go." Janet said looking at Desiree.

"Me?" The couple laughed at their daughter.

"Yes, you." The couple got home and cleaned up their house a bit while Desiree slept. Having three children a teenager and three dogs living with them, they find themselves cleaning constantly. After Toni finished vacuuming the rug, Everest and her children came in and rolled on it.

"What the— I just vacuumed the rug." Poppy barked at her and she shook her head.

"Fine." The two pups that they kept, Poppy and Bear are getting so big and causing a lot of trouble. Toni cleaned up around the pets but they kept coming behind her, messing everything up.

"Alright go outside." Everest barked at her and nudged her. Toni sighed and continued to clean. Once the couple finished cleaning their house Desiree had woken up from her nap. Janet was in the kitchen making lunch for them when Desiree walked in.

"Momma I want you." She said as she walked to Janet with her arms up. Janet picked up her daughter and she laid her head on her mother's shoulder.

"Mmm, you just wanted to see what I was doing."

"Mmhmm." She said and Janet chuckled.

***

•Skai?

•Tamar and Azuree playing?

•Toni and the dogs?

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

1. How long do y'all want this book?

2. Before I published this book I was already writing the chapters (pre-writing) which makes me now have 30-40 chapters to publish. I will keep writing because I didn't get to the point in the book where I want it to be finished. So back to question one.

Excuse any errors ✨

Excuse any errors ✨