Olives

lowkey forgot this existed lmaoo

This may or may not be based off something that happened to me last week 🤪

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood there pacing back and forth. It was dark besides the stage lights comng from behind the closed curtains. I paced reciting the same monolouge over and over again. 

"he was to imagine me, his love, his mistress, and i set him every day...."

Rosalid, act 3 scene 2

I only memorized the whole monolouge 2 days ago. I repeat it over and over, panicking that i might forget. 

"Next"

I go out on stage, confident since i had just recited it as the stage manager pushed me out on stage. I recite the monolouge perfectly. 

I look out into the audience and they arent there. I get sad. i know they are busy but there is always that small twinge of hope. 

I go backstage and am fistbumped by my classmate. I check my phone.

1 new notification

"hey sorry i couldnt make it. My english teacher gave us 2 days to do a long ass essay lmao"

I laugh at my phone

"can i borrow your phone?"

I look up. Its N. Another classmate. 

"sure" i say, "why?"

"M has a thing for this celebrity and we want to test the olive theory"

"The olive theory?"

"yea. If one person likes olives and the other person doesnt, theyre soulmates or something"

haha thats gonna be the biggest load of bullshit ive ever heardd. Unless.....

I text them

"do you like olives? this is very important."

"why are you asking ----- that" N asks

"EVERYONE ON STAGE" yells the stage manager. I leave my phone.

Winners are announced. I lost. Oh well. No biggie. I go backstage and check my phone as im changing back to my school clothes.

i yell

"THEY HATE OLIVES"

they know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fuck shakespere