1. Like A Moth TO A FLAME

"Why are you doing this?" She asked her husband helplessly.

"I'm doing what I should have done long ago." He was firm in his decision.

"Would you have done this if she was our own daughter?" She was looking at him with an ocean of complaints and hurt swirling in her eyes.

"So you want me to let her suffer her whole life in an unwanted relationship?" He snapped at her making her flinch in her place.

She didn't find any courage to fight the case of her beloved niece in front of her husband and she was aware that her stubborn son would also not take her seriously.

She sauntered out of the study and went towards Nawal's room.

She should at least try to make that stubborn and hot headed girl understand the value of nikah.

***

"I will break your head." Nawal's ear piercing scream made her stagger on her way to her niece's room.

"Mummy, please go fast otherwise they will end up assassinating each other." Zayan Over dramatically exclaimed.

"Stop this nonsense and tell me why they are fighting now?" Aqsa Gaffari chided Zayan with a scrunched up nose.

"They don't need any reason to fight, so I'm sorry mummy I can't tell you one," He said, not minding her glare and sauntered away, towards the stairs, carelessly.

"Oh, miss mousie you can't break my toe forget about my head." She heard the equally raging voice of Adil and literally ran towards the hot fighting spot which was now Nawal's room.

"Shut up both of you." She shouted at both of them whilst standing on the threshold of the room.

"Mummy."

"Aani."

Both ran towards her and held her arms, Nawal held the left one and Adil the right one.

"He destroyed my painting by pouring water on it. It was one of the best paintings and I was supposed to take it for the coming exhibition." She complained whilst scratching his arm with her long nails. Adil winced and twisted her fingers that made Nawal wince too.

Aqsa pushed both of them away to a safe distance.

"Behave, you both." She glared at them.

"Mummy see, this stinking cat has scratched my arms for her so called best painting." Adil extended his bleeding arm in front of his mother.

"Of course, they were my best paintings and Aani and see he had twisted my fingers and almost broke the joints." She showed Aqsa her red and little swollen fingers.

Aqsa fought the headache and came between the two of them before they again charged towards each other.

"You say that for every painting I destroy but let me tell you, you are one horrible painter and I'm on a mission to save this world from your pain-in-the-eyes types of paintings. '' Adil mocked her whilst laughing as if he heard her crack the funniest joke.

"What did you say?" Nawal clenched her jaw and fist whilst murdering him through her glares.

"Exactly what you heard." He jeered at her.

Aqsa looked back and forth while trying to understand the reason behind their banters.

Nawal was ready to attack him with her claws again but Aqsa held her back.

"Adil, go to your room." Aqsa commanded her son.

"Not before she returns my t-shirt." He said calmly whilst taking a seat on her bed.

Aqsa looked at Nawal quizzically.

"Aani he has so many t-shirts and I took his white one because I needed it for my artwork. And because of that shirt he destroyed my whole painting." Nawal the obsessed painter finally disclosed the reason behind all these fiascoes.

"Nawal, kid, return him his t-shirt. I will buy you another for your artworks." After taking a few calm breaths to get hold of the haywire going brain she coaxed Nawal.

"Ask him to return my painting as well." Nawal said glaring at his relaxed form.

"I haven't taken your paintings. It's in your studio." Adil said matching the intensity of her glares.

"But you have destroyed it. It's nothing like the one I painted." Nawal was clearly using every bit of her self restraining power to stop herself from murdering him in thousands different ways.

"Trust me. It looks better now." He winked at her, riling her up.

"You..." She was marching towards him with a determination to kill him once and for all but was yanked back by Aqsa.

"Nawal, please kid, return him his t-shirt." Aqsa said in exasperation.

"Ok aani." She inhaled a few deep breaths and obediently said.

She went towards her cupboard ignoring Adil's victorious smirk.

Few minutes later she was extending a rainbow coloured t-shirt towards Adil.

"What is this?" Adil looked at the t-shirt strangely.

"Your t-shirt." She answered him calmly while throwing it on his lap.

"This is not the one you stole from my cupboard." He gasped whilst examining it, holding it in his pinch.

"See aani, he is calling me a thief." She dragged Aqsa in her fight who was impatiently waiting for one of them to leave the room.

"I'm sorry I can't call you anything else after becoming the victim of all your stealings." He said, throwing the now wasted t-shirt on her face.

"Adil, behave yourself." Aqsa scolded him.

"Watch your back." He sauntered out carelessly, not minding his mother's death glares.

"See aani, this is the reason I don't want to marry him. He always troubles me." She feigned innocence whilst filling her eyes with crocodile tears.

"Kiddo, but you are already married." Aqsa suddenly looked worried.

"Aani but...."

"Nawal, go freshen up jaani. We will talk about this later." Aqsa knew this wasn't the good time to make her understand things.

Nodding she went towards the washroom.

Aqsa sighed heavily, she didn't know how to save their relationship.

They both were on each other's throat all the time. Nikah was not a trivial thing to dispose of just like that. She understood that maybe this was the reason commitment on the behalf of children was not considered reasonable. Betrothing them at a young age was a huge mistake which had become a constant headache for her. She cursed the moment she agreed for this.

Happy reading!
See ya tomorrow :)

P. S

If you wanna get your hands on this👇 book, for FREE... Link is on my bio

The offer is available till 30/05/23