9.Like a moth to a flame

"Wear this." She was taking out a navy blue colour shirt with golden embroidery and golden pants when he took a maroon shirt out for her.

"Why? Isn't it nice?" She asked whilst looking at the dress in her hand and then the one in his.

"It is nice but I would like to see you in this." He said, flashing a smile at her.

"Are you by any means trying to boss me around again?" Nawal quizzically looked at him and his features hardened in a second.

"You promised me that you won't do that sort of thing." She spoke again, looking at his now serious face.

"If me wanting to see you in any particular dress makes you think that I'm bossing you around that I'm extremely sorry. Please wear the one you chose and forget that I asked you something." He said with a grave seriousness and went out after putting the dress in its place.

They were invited by Yazdani for dinner as a couple.

It had been more than a week of their marriage and everything was fine. But Nawal was still somewhere anticipating that Adil would turn into his old self even after witnessing his love, care, adoration and understanding.

She shook her head at her useless doubts and scolded herself for ruining Adil's mood. Changing into the maroon dress she smiled thinking that Adil would be happy now.

After getting done with her makeup and hair she exited the dressing room and saw Adil was half laying on their bed, ready in a grey tuxedo with maroon tie and maroon pocket square. He still had the serious expressions intact on his face.

She smiled, looking at his grumpy face and coughed to get his attention.

He glanced at her but it didn't stay on her like usual.

"Let's go." He said whilst taking his key and wallet. By now she knew that she had really hurt him bad by not trusting him, his promises and love.

"Adil." She called from behind but he already had exited the room.

Wearing her heels, she followed him whilst cursing herself.

She could curse herself all she wanted but would she be able to undo the incident, or take back her words. She made a mistake by holding her past in her present and not valuing what her present was offering her. Letting go pasts takes courage but once you do only then you know it was nothing but a mere hurdle holding you from living in the present and letting you not enjoy it.

She looked at her handsome husband who was driving with serious expressions plastered on his face. But she could see the hurt behind it.

Promising herself that she wouldn't let her past come in between them anymore, she sighed whilst planning to apologize to him.

***

"I missed you so much." He whispered, nearing her.

"I missed you too." She said and smiled looking at him.

"I want you here. And after the two days you spent here for bhai's marriage, I feel like I want you here more intently." He confessed and stopped just an inch away from her.

"Zayan...."

"Shhhh...." He put his finger on her lips, shushing her down and leaned on her face..... it was just a gap of a few inches between their faces.

For a few minutes, Momina couldn't even speak anything..... her heart going wild and her eyes widened at his bold advances.

"It's Haram, stay away." She jerked his hand away and stepped back. In her anger and flushed state, she failed to notice his victorious smile which was there for only a few seconds.

"Sa... Sa.. Sorry... It's just that I saw you after so many days in my house that's why I lost control." Feigning innocence, he urgently stepped back as if he just came to his senses.

"It's alright, you don't have to look this horrified, but be careful next time." Momina buyed his act.

"I think we should soon do the marriage ceremony. I will do a part time job along with my studies in Dad's office..... in fact I'll join by tomorrow." He told her his plan excitedly.

"You think our parents will agree?" Momina also wanted their relationship to be Halal now. So, asked doubtfully because She remembered Aqsa's reaction to his demand.

"They wouldn't have agreed before but now they surely will." He said with a certain glint in his eyes and Momina looked at him with scrutiny at the surety of his tone.

"What!? .... I.... I mean I'll convince them this time." Zayan said hurriedly, feeling her calculative gaze on himself.

Momina looked away and he looked at her..... the orange hue of sunset was reflecting on her skin, giving her ethereal look. She was very precious to him and he intended to open his heart to her when she would be his....and he couldn't wait for that day.

And the expressions he saw of his mother from his peripheral vision, he was sure, his plan was successful.

***

Aqsa was going towards the backyard in her own zone when the scene in front of her had her stop on her track. She looked at them horrified whilst mumbling 'Astaghfirullah( may God forbid)' in her heart.

She turned on her heels, taking a decision she wouldn't have taken in normal circumstances.

Her mind still could not digest whatever she saw and she moved towards the study where her husband was busy in his work. She didn't want to disturb him but the work in her hand was most important and she would not dare to procrastinate it.

***

He exited the washroom and saw the room which was dimly lit. Not giving any heed to it, he moved towards the bed but suddenly all the lights were switched on and he saw a big 'sorry' written on the bed with rose petals.

It had been a few days since Nawal was trying to make him forgive her but Adil wouldn't budge.

He smiled for the first time after that day and Nawal who was waiting for his reaction with baited breath finally released a sigh of relief and hugged him from behind.

She wanted to say sorry again but the overwhelming situation had her crying like a child. She had missed his smile, his warmness, his love, his adoration and his smell.

Adil was frozen in his place for a few seconds but her sobbing figure and tears had washed away his remaining anger. He turned and engulfed her in his embrace and pecked her head lovingly, conveying that he had forgiven her.

"I..... I....I'm sorry." She mumbled and wrapped her hands around his waist whilst rubbing her nose on his shirt.

"Shhh.... don't craaa.... Yuck girl.... You are again wiping your nose on my shirt." Adil pushed her but seeing her teary eyes and red nose made him embrace her again.

"Everytime you make me cry, I'll wipe my nose on your shirt." She said snuggling in him.

"What? I made you cry?" He exclaimed and tried to unwind her hands from around him.

"Of course." She tightened her hold on his waist.

"You are impossible." He hit her head lightly and wrapped his hands around her again.

"Learnt from you." He heard her and smiled knowing well that no matter what their tongue fight won't ever stop because that's what they had been doing for so many years. But he knew deep down that their banters were a sign of love and the comfort they shared.

Like/Comment/Share

Happy reading!
See ya tomorrow