8.Like a moth to a flame

"I loved you since I saw you, wrapped in a pink blanket in the hospital. Over the time, the way I loved you changed but I kept loving you." He paused and looked at her, who was already looking at him with bated breath.

"I didn't know why but I became jealous of the people to whom you tried to give your attention. I even ended up fighting with my brother when I heard a girl from my class saying that you and Zayan looked so cute together. My possessiveness got only worse with time and I couldn't control it or maybe I never tried because whenever I ordered you something , you gave in without a fight and a thought unintentionally instilled in me that I only get to make you smile, play with you, boss you around and it was your duty to never say no." He stopped to take the much needed oxygen.

"Everything went downhill when on your fifteenth birthday, you rebelled against me for the first and also with so much intensity and for Zayan. These things haunted me for a few days and the love I had for you got buried deep inside my anger and the doubt that you and Zayan were together. I tried my best to ignore you initially but you started pulling pranks on me and soon I started to fight back with you, prank on you and get revenge from you. In between everything I forgot that I loved you." He stopped seeing her flinch.

" But, after you were gone,I really missed you and since there was no one to fight with, I had time to rediscover my feelings for you. And little doubt I had in my mind that what if you won't accept me, cleared when I read your diary." He looked at her, scared of her reaction.

"Yo.... You... You read my diary. How dare you? I hate you Adil." It took a few seconds for her to start hitting him with her fist and then the pillows.

"Don't lie. I read it all. You said you love me.... my possessiveness suffocated you but you still love me." He informed her with a puffed chest whilst getting hit by her more vigorously, now they were running all over the room, Adil was chased by Nawal.

"I love you. Please stop it and I promise I won't be over possessive now onwards." He cried defensively when she didn't stop hitting him.

She threw the pillow and ran to him. Whilst hugging him tight she broke down, taking out the pent up frustrations and bottled up emotions.

" I love you too." She confessed whilst rubbing her nose on his arm.

"Ew girl... Let me get you tissue. This is my wedding dress after all." He said, pushing her away with a scrunched up nose.

She hit him on his arm whilst again hugging him to her heart...which always craved for him but he was somehow out of her reach but not anymore.

She looked at him with teary eyes who was already looking at her. Seeing his orbs swirling with love and adoration for her, she smiled with tears in her eyes.

Adil wasn't able to withstand the beauty of his bride and when she smiled at him, it made a lump form in his throat. He was overwhelmed with the sudden surge of love for her. He wanted to say many things to her. He wanted to open his heart to her but words weren't coming out of his lumped throat. He leaned on her beautifully adorned face and touched her lips with his. And it took him a few seconds to convey her, his every unsaid feelings through the kiss.

***

"Oh my God! You guys are really smiling at each other or is it me dreaming?" Zayan screamed whilst entering the dining room for breakfast.

Nawal, Adil, Murad, Uzma, Samar, Momina, Haidar and Aqsa were present on the table.

Adil and Nawal looked flushed at his open remarks and Adil literally glared at him to stop with this nonsense.