2. Like a moth to a flame

"Zayan, drop me to my college." Nawal literally ordered him.

He looked at her. She was standing there wearing a pink t-shirt and blue jeans and white snickers. Blue denim backpack hanging from her shoulder whilst her mouth busy chewing a bubblegum.

"Zayan?" She snapped her fingers in front of him when he didn't budge from his place.

"Adil bhai will drop you." He said whilst scrolling his phone.

"Why? Aren't you going to college today?" She asked him while plopping down beside him on the sofa.

She was in the second year of BBA and Zayan was a final year student of BBA. Adil was in the final year of his MBA. They all were in the same college.

"No. I'm not feeling well." He said whilst making sick faces. She grimaced seeing his terrible acting.

"Zayan, don't do this. I can't keep up with your annoying brother alone. I need you." She started pulling him up.

"I'm going. If anyone wants the lift come fast. I will not wait." She stilled, hearing Adil's announcement.

She looked at Zayan for help but he shrugged his shoulders and busied himself on his phone.

Stomping her foot she followed him cursing Zayan all the while.

If it was not for her viva test, she wouldn't have taken lift from that douche bag.

She banged the door and glared at him whilst fastening the seat belt.

Whilst he gave her the sweetest smile behind which some wickedness was peeping and she looked at him with a scrutinizing gaze to find out what was running in his evil mind.

He was busy driving and she was alarmed waiting for his next move.

"I heard that today you have your viva test." He initiated conversation like they were best friends.

"You heard it right if not for the test I would have never come with you." She expressed her resentment towards him without hesitation because she had been doing it since ages and Adil had been doing the same but she didn't know why he was acting sweet today.

"Why are you turning right? Take left. Have you lost your mind?" She shouted at him when she saw him taking the wrong turn.

He didn't say anything but continued driving the wrong way, a wicked smile playing on his lips.

Now she knew why he was acting all sweet. Damn, she should have known better. How could she expect anything good from the devil. He was meant to torture her.

"Adil, after ten minutes my viva will start. Please drop me to my college." She pleaded with him because by then she knew he was taking his revenge for destroying his favourite t-shirt even though he destroyed her painting as well but for him that was not enough.

"Calm down sweetheart." He flicked her nose while a smirk adorned his lips.

"I hate you." She jerked away his hand.

"I assure you, the feeling is mutual." He said winking at her.

"I wish I could stab your eyes." She clenched her teeth while glaring at him.

"Easy honey, don't you wanna appear for your viva today?" The underlying threat had her shut up her mouth but she kept throwing all the colorful words towards him in her head. He was definitely going to pay for this because Nawal was never known to keep debts.

***

After irritating her and keeping her on edge, he finally had mercy on her miserable situation and dropped her in her college.

She wanted to strangle him, or atleast slap him hard enough for his coming generation to have an impact on but she knew she couldn't afford to be late for a minute.

Giving him her famous glare which had hidden threat in it, she marched towards her college knowing that a new drama was waiting for her.

As expected she was scolded or better said insulted by her teacher in front of all her classmates for being so irresponsible.

After all the fiasco she was thankful that they did let her give the viva test.

***

"Nawal, where are you going gudiya? How was your test?"Aqsa ran behind her when she saw her going towards her room ignoring everyone in the living room.

Aqsa knew something was wrong which had caused her dearest niece's sour mood which was completely visible from her swollen angry face.

"Nawal, jaani.... What happened?" She was about to shut the door but Aqsa entered before she could.

In the seclusion of her room she threw the bag on her bed and hugged Aqsa whilst crying like a child.

Aqsa was restless seeing her like this. There were very few times she would cry like this. She was a strong hot headed girl who liked to solve her problems on her own.

"Aani, my teacher scolded me in front of everyone even though they know that I'm a good student." She complained whilst sobbing in her arms.

She didn't complain about Adil as she didn't want anyone to know that she cried because of that insignificant piece of meat.

"Teachers tend to be a little cranky, that doesn't mean you will take that to heart. It happens with every second student and it's normal to get scolded by our teachers." Aqsa rubbed her back soothingly whilst trying to make her understand that it was normal for students to get scolded.

"Aani.... I'm hungry." After a while of crying, she calmed down and said while making cute faces.

"Freshen up and come down." She said, pulling her cheeks.

"Ahm... Aani... Please don't tell anyone that I was crying." She asked Aqsa, ashamed of her breakdown.

"I won't tell but don't feel embarrassed for crying as it isn't a symbol of weakness as people say, instead it is a symbol that you are strong enough to face your vulnerable self." Saying she patted her cheeks and left her room. Nawal sighed in relief that her Aani wouldn't tell anyone that she cried, especially that moron Adil, who might have been waiting for such a news.

***

Happy reading!
See ya tomorrow :)

P. S

If you wanna get your hands on this👇 book, for FREE... Link is on my bio