6.Like a moth to a flame

"Haidar, if you are missing her so much why don't we go and meet her." Aqsa said, looking at her husband's gloomy face.

"We can't go, Aqsa. Murad bhai had called me and asked about her rukhsati. He didn't want us to meet her before the rukhsati." Haidar said, sighing heavily. He was missing her so much.

"I get that they want rukhsati but why can't we meet her?" Aqsa said, frowning.

"He says that distance is necessary for her to understand the value of us in her life." Haidar said and opened his book he was reading before.

Haidar was in tension as he knew convincing Adil for the marriage was a hard nut to crack. Even though he was little hopeful with the way Adil behaved like a lost puppy in his own house without her. He was just waiting for the right time to strike.

***

"If you miss them so much, why don't you at least call them." Samar said, looking at her who was busy staring at the family photo she brought with her from an hour or so.

She didn't say anything and put the photo frame on the bedside table.

After Uzma's furious blast, she had minimized her interaction with everyone.

She felt like she had no one in this whole wide world.

In the evening Kanwal arrived with her kids and husband.

Her husband went after dinner but she stayed with her kids Mehran and Meher.

Mehran was 5 and Meher was 3 year old. They both were cute chubby kids and after a long time she smiled whilst playing with them.

Kids were also getting along with her.

Whilst playing, the kids fell asleep in her room. She thought to inform Kanwal about it and came out of the room after securing them with pillows.

Whilst searching for Kanwal she went towards Uzma's room as she heard their voices coming but before she could knock the already ajar door, her hand halted in the mid way.

"Ammi, why don't you ask Aqsa Aani to be a little strict with her. If on her wish, she gets divorce, Samar's engagement might break. Her in-laws are very narrow minded and since from the start they are trying to find fault in her to break the engagement, it will give them reason to do so. They might have agreed for the marriage on Hashir's insistence but they are not happy with the alliance." Kanwal sounded worried for Samar.

"I don't know Kanwal, why is she doing this? She is hell bent on destroying her as well as Samar's life." Uzma was literally crying.

"Ammi, don't worry. I'll talk to her." Kanwal said, assuring her worried mother.

Nawal turned on her heels without making any noise.

She was going towards her room when she saw Samar busy on her phone. She knew she was speaking with Hashir.

"Will she be able to cause heartbreak to her sister?" She thought whilst looking at Samar's radiating face.

Samar felt her gaze on her and mouthed 'what happened'.

Nodding negatively she went inside the room.

***

"Bhaiiii..." Zayan felt his gaze and turned to look at him.

He got up instantly from his seat followed by Momina.

"What are you both doing here?" He asked, coming to their table.

"Umm... Bhai.... Zayan..." Momina stuttered nervously, fidgeting with the end of her dupatta.

"Bhai we are on a date." Zayan was nervous before but quickly overcame it and said directly staring into his eyes.

"Come again." Adil scrutinized him.

"We are on a date." He repeated, now holding Momina's shivering hand.

Adil left the cafe without saying anything else and Zayan squeezed her hand ensuring her of his support.

"What will he do now?" Momina asked, still freaking out.

"You relax please. He will do nothing as such." Zayan tried to calm her down and pushed her on her chair...taking a seat in front of her he was determined to fight for his love.

Momina was the daughter of Haidar's business rival hence putting a big fat question mark on their future's plan they weaved with the threads of love through days and nights.

***

"Adil, I hope you do not disappoint me." Haidar said whilst fixing his gaze on him.

He looked at his mother quizzically who was seated beside Haidar.

"Adil, your khala wants to do the rukhsati ceremony." He informed him but Adil somehow knew that this was gonna come sooner or later so he kept a poker face.

"I want you to decide any date of this month for the ceremony." Haidar literally ordered him.

"Dad, I'm ready to do the rukhsati but I've one condition." Saying he looked up to his father, confidently.

"What's that?" Haidar wasn't happy hearing him.

"I want you to keep aside your rivalry with Sameer Yazdani and ask for her daughter's hand for Zayan. I want Zayan's and Momina's engagement or Nikah whatever they are okay with, to happen a day before rukhsati." He said without blinking, even though he noticed his father's hardening features.

"And what makes you think that I'll do what you say?" Haidar glared at him and Aqsa was squirming in her place with nervousness.

"I'm just putting my condition for the rukhsati."

Haidar took deep breaths to calm his raging nerves.

"What if Sameer Yazdani denies our proposal?"

"Dad, you have to make sure of it that he doesn't." Adil said and stood up from his place.

"If you are okay with my condition, I'm okay with the rukhsati." Saying he left his parents room.

"I can't believe he literally blackmailed me... his father." He furiously addressed Aqsa.

"We should be happy that at least he is ready and I think his condition isn't that bad." Aqsa said, handing him a glass of water.

***

Haidar's extended hand for friendship was held by Sameer Yazdani. They end up signing a contract for the coming project which strengthened their new bond.

Both knew that their rivalry was benefiting other companies but because of their big fat ego they didn't step ahead for friendship but Haidar ignored his ego for Nawal as it was the only way to bring her back.

After a few days, Zayan and Momina's engagement was fixed with both the party's consent and just the day after their engagement, Adil and Nawal's rukhsati ceremony was fixed.

Zayan and Momina were shocked and happy at the same time. Few days before, they were restless for their nameless relationship. And the thought of all the obstacles that would come in their way to convince their family's was another headache but everything happened without their efforts. So, why wouldn't they be happy.

LIKE/SHARE/COMMENT

Happy reading!
See you tomorrow❤️