CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7: JOURNEY AS INTERN

MARIA YVETTE AMYLASE DEL FIERRO

_______

Excitement and nervousness intertwined as I prepared for my first day as an intern under the guidance of Attorney Liza. I carefully selected my outfit, wanting to make a professional impression on my first day. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I took a deep breath, reminding myself to stay calm and confident.

Arriving at the law firm, I walked through the familiar corridors with a renewed sense of purpose. The office buzzed with activity, lawyers and interns engrossed in their respective tasks. The energy was contagious, fueling my determination to excel in this new role.

I approached the reception area and greeted the receptionist with a warm smile. She directed me to Attorney Liza's office, where I was scheduled to meet her and the rest of the interns.

Knocking gently on the door, I heard Attorney Liza's inviting voice, "Come in, Yvette."

Pumasok ako sa opisina at nakita ko si Attorney Liza na nakaupo sa desk niya, abala sa pagrereview ng case files. Nandoon na ang ibang intern na sina Delilah, Marco, at Leonel, mixed emotions ang nakita ko sa mga mukha nila."Good morning, everyone," I greeted my fellow interns, taking a seat next to them.

"Good morning, Yvette. I hope you're all ready for an enriching and challenging experience," ani Attorney Liza. "Today, I'll be giving you an overview of our current cases and assigning you tasks accordingly. You'll have the opportunity to observe court proceedings, conduct legal research, draft legal documents, and even assist in client meetings. It will be a hands-on learning experience." she added. 

Listening intently, I felt a surge of motivation. This was what I had been working toward—the chance to immerse myself in the practical aspects of law, to make a difference in people's lives. While waiting for Attorney Liza to fix her things up, I decided to check my phone. I smiled when I saw Simon's message from IG.

Joseph Simon A. Marcos

simon_marcos07

Hey, I heard from Mom that you passed as her intern? I just want to congratulate you.

Sent✔

I want to treat you some coffee after your busy day?

Sent✔

I smiled and replied.

Thank you, Si. 

Sent✔

I'll message you na lang kung kailan ako free. Thanks again!:)

Sent✔

Itinago ko agad ang phone ko when Attorney Liza continued, "Each of you has been selected based on your abilities and potential. I have full faith in your capabilities, and I encourage you to ask questions, seek guidance, and approach every task with dedication. Remember, learning is a continuous process, and mistakes are opportunities for growth."

We nodded, absorbing every word she spoke. Kahit na panay English si Ma'am Liza at kaunti na lang ay dudugo na ang utak ko. Joke hahaha!. The weight of the responsibility settled upon us, but we were ready to embrace the challenges ahead.

"For today, I have prepared a schedule outlining your assignments and the cases you will be involved in," Attorney Liza explained, tsaka ibinigay ang mga folders sa amin isa-isa. "Take a few moments to familiarize yourselves with the details. If you have any immediate questions, feel free to ask."