New Path?

There are exists artefacts in this universe. They are called Chaos Emeralds. It's gems that have unlimited amount of power. The most powerful of them is Master Emerald. A giant green emerald that posseses a lot more power than any and all Chaos Emeralds combined. This legendary artefacts were intrusted in monsters care. Due to their kind nature and selfless attitude. 

Of course this did not set well to humans. They already feared monsters for their ability to not only create magic, but absorb a human soul. Whenever one monster absorn even one soul it's believed monster will achieve unfathamable or immeasurable power. Never seen before. It's said that emeralds can bring even more power than a soul. One emerald can be equal to three souls. Even possibly more. It's stated that one being having all seven emeralds will achieve unimaginable power that can even change reality itself. Far beyond anything even seven souls can bring. 

Monster that have absorbed seven souls can become god, but even that won't be compared to seven emeralds power or what they can make you as. That why war was brought. Humans could not steal emeralds, but they managed to create barrier. That will inprison monsters forever.

In present

Many stories were forgotten to this day. Chaos Emeralds were one of them with Master Emerald. Monster build special place that only one of their kind can access. One that is worthy and can be trusted. Mostly such previlage can be achieved rarely. Due to that monsters slowly forget about them. Until present where nothing about them is known. Not even being myth to this day. It same to humans, but monsters are also myth and legends on humans territory. 

One skeleton. A short one at that. His physique is quite wide, while he is short. He wears blue jacket with pink slippers. It's right this is Sans the Skeleton. A famous lazy skeleton with his non-stop jokes. They horrible to his brother papyrus, who surprisingly is younger of the pair. It can appear odd to other, but it's perfect for skeletons. 

Right now he was walking from door to ruins. He had already talked with his mysterious lady friend. He liked to call her Old Lady. She suggested of course. She had same sense of humor as him. Even creating jokes on her own. He bet she wrote them in her diary or had book for them. He admitted that when he got such friend his live became much lighter and happier than it was before. 

Despite that he was bored at the moment. He wanted to do something. However he for the live of him could not find anything particularly interesting. Suddenly he noticed something wrong with snow in forest. As if something was there. Sans was surprised. He opted to check it out. He didn't have anything better to do anyways. 

He approached it. He lifted snow. After that a huge enterence is seen. He examined it for a while. Sans decided to watch this place further. Perhaps he can find something magnificent. Maybe not. Sans will never find out, unless he tries. With such thought he continued on his path. Deeper he went the more he realized that this place is ancient. Alas he thought he might actually find something treasureful. Perhaps perhaps not. 

Suddenly Sans see something strange to him. In middle of room of temple. Sans assumed this ancient place to be temple. He saw piddle with huge Emerald surronded with smaller ones. In total there were seven of them. Sans did not have any idea about them. He for some reason closed his distance to look througoutly. 

Sans did not see anything weird with this gems. Just some rocks. But why are they doing here? He asked. He stood right at centre of weird ritual place. Unexpectengly all emeralds started to glow. Sans did not notice it. Until he saw light coming from him. He lowered his head to see all emeralds glowing with him. It created massive light emorging and absorbing everything, but nobody noticed it. Due to them being far away.