Ahreum's Condition (1.1)

Park Euntak grows extra concerned for his wife after she starts to feel sick more often.

Taking her to Kim Sabu for a check up, the newlyweds find out they have a blessing on their way.

A blessing that was the undeniable proof of their beautiful, crazy, fun but most importantly.....true love for each other.

A/N - I made one based on the future cause sbs ain't giving our dimple couple enough screentime plus they've been dragging out their love quarrel for 2 freaking weeks 😤

This multishot is inspired by this moment from the making video where Minjae started a skit on Ahreum & Euntak having a baby together in season 4 🤣

---------------------------------------------------------

Yoon Ahreum and Park EunTak were technically newlyweds who should be off enjoying their honeymoon by now.

But as we all know, working as a doctor and nurse at Doldam plus meeting Kim Sabu, they had both decided to put their honeymoon on hold just to help out in the hospital while Eunjae is on maternity leave and likewise her husband Woojin whom is also on paternity leave following the birth of their first child.

Not even 2 months had passed since the whole Doldam family and both Euntak and Ahreum's respective families and friends had gathered to witness them pledge their love for each other and also say their 'I do's' and vows on the altar. It was indeed a romantic and private affair for the couple as they had preferred to invite just the important people in their lives to keep the affair a bit toned down and special.

It wasn't hard to see the difference in the couple's relationship. Heck, even patients who had never gone to Doldam before would know with the way the couple interacted and crossed eyes occasionally across the huge emergency room would immediately guess that they were newlyweds.

Euntak had become a lot more protective of his wife. It wasn't too obvious at first but it all started 3 days ago when she would suddenly wake up in the middle of the night and run to their bathroom to throw up all the contents of their dinner just from a few hours before.

Ahreum had initially brushed it off, saying it might just be something she ate or maybe it was just a simple stomach bug. But Euntak had slowly started getting concerned since there were no signs of her getting any better. He would steal glances at her from time to time as she tended to patients and would notice her covering her mouth even with a mask on, indicating that she was retching or feeling nauseous. And even with Nurse Uhm trying to convince her to take a rest, Yoon Ahreum simply wasn't going to move away from her position and had insisted that she'll be fine.

It was finally the last straw for the handsome nurse when he noticed how she suddenly paused from her conversation with a patient and was about to stumble and lose her balance after a surge of dizziness hit her in the head.

Walking out from the Nurse's station, he quickly caught his wife by her waist and spoke in a hushed but stern voice.

'Ahreum ah, please just go and take a rest. Please just listen to me this time and let's go to the lounge room and sit there for a while. Jung ssaem said he'll take care of everything here so don't be hard headed and let's just go.'

Realizing that there was no point trying to argue with her husband, Ahreum finally conceded and lets Euntak lead her towards the staff lounge room for a much needed break.

Swiftly setting up the throw pillows on the couch to let his wife rest on in a much comfortable position, Euntak switches off his professional nurse mode and enters his protective husband mode.

'Just lay down for a while. I'll get you some of that Barley tea that Manager Jang just brewed. That might just as well help you with your nausea and migraines.'

After making sure she was propped on the sofa in a comfortable position, Euntak places a gentle kiss on his wife's forehead and heads out to the front desk to ask the manager for the tea he had offered him just this morning.

'Here you go, I made sure to brew a new batch just for Yoon ssaem, make sure she drinks it slowly to savour the taste. It's 100% effective, I can guarantee that.'

Euntak smiles and nods, thanking the elder manager. The dashing nurse practitioner didn't stop by any longer for more conversations as he headed off to the staff lounge.

Speaking in a sweet tone of voice, Euntak smiles gently and places the steaming cup in front of his wife.

'Ahreum ah, here's the Barley tea.... Drink it while it's hot.'

Ahreum simply smiles and nods. Taking the cup in her hands carefully, she was about to take a sip until the steam and smell of the tea hit her nose and then it all happened again.

Quickly but still with a careful manner, Yoon Ahreum places the teacup back onto the coffee table and runs to the bathroom. Finding her place on the tiled floor, she kneels and throws up yet again.

At this point Euntak was more than alarmed. Rushing after his wife, he gently strokes her back and whispers comforting words just to calm her down.

Well.... This was definitely not normal.

Finally having enough and wanting to find a way to help Ahreum. Euntak decides to let his wife rest up for a while as he heads off to the trauma center to find Kim Sabu whom had just finished a surgery together with Bae ssaem. 

Being the first to notice Euntak's presence outside the operating room. Doctor Bae smiles and acknowledges the male as he takes off his ppe and discards them on the bin.

'Oh! Euntak ssaem, did another patient come in ?'

Euntak shakes his head as he turns his focus on Kim Sabu. 

'Sabu nim, I need to speak with you, could you spare a bit of time for me?' 

Realizing that it may be a serious matter judging from Euntak's voice. Master Kim nods his head as he leads the male nurse towards his office for a private conversation.