Aspectabund (2.3)

Aspectabund (adj.)-letting or being able to let expressive emotions show easily through one's face and eyes. 

Jang DongHwa's eyes widen as he realized what was going on. Speaking with a shaky tone and half shouting, he quickly kneeled beside Ahreum and started chest compressions in an attempt to bring her back. Ahreum was suffering through a cardiac arrest, now time was a precious ticking time bomb. 

'Ahreum Ssaem.... no, please breathe!' 

Jang DongHwa could feel the heat and smoke taking a toll on him but he didn't want to give up. He knew he had to do everything he could to bring her back. With sweat trickling down his soot covered face, he put the damp towel between his face mask to cover his nose and to prevent smoke from further entering his nose. 

He focused on performing CPR on Ahreum and fixate his gaze on her closed eyes. 

'Please---please, Ahreum ssaem.... If you do this you won't know how Euntak ssaem actually feels. Please breathe and come back.' 

He gritted his teeth as a wave of heat hit his skin. Suddenly 2 familair voices approach him, looking up he finds Joo YoungMin and Eung Ssaem wearing particulate respirators (a kind of mask used when there is fire). Both immediately panic at the sight of Ahreum laying unconscious on the floor as DongHwa continued performing CPR. 

They immediately understood what was happening. Unable to cry or be emotional, the duo got on to work despite the dangerous surrounding they were in. Lee Seonung, noticing the pure exhaustion spread across DongHwa's face speaks in his serious voice. 

'Dong Ssaem, let's change places....'

DongHwa immediately rejects his suggestion and silently continued. He wanted to save Ahreum... it wasn't because he had a crush on her or because he wanted to play cupid for Euntak. He had realized just how precious and amazing of a woman she was. Thanks to her, he had learned the lessons of a pure devoted and true love.... he envied Euntak, that wasn't a secret but at least he wanted to see them both happy and one day he could only hope he as well could find someone who he can call 'the one' just like how Ahreum and Euntak fit each other so perfectly. 

Suddenly, a sound of breathing hits his ears and then he realizes..... she's back! 

'ROSC (return of spontaneous circulation)! She's back, let's put her in the hospital bed there and wheel her towards the trauma center. Is the main hall still okay?'

Nurse Joo looks back at the entrance of the emergency room and nods. 

'The fire is still burning through the back wall, although it won't be too long before it spreads through the stairway, we need to wheel her as fast as we can and get out of here now.'  

Despite being extremely exhausted, DongHwa throws away the damp towel and wears the mask Nurse Joo gave him, with all his leftover strength, DongHwa and Seonung lift Ahreum and the oxygen machine on one of the spare beds left in the ER and without wasting any more time, the trio run as fast as they can as they push the bed towards the hallway leading to the trauma center. 

Euntak sobs as Eunjae tries her best to console him with Doctor Jung. Worriedly looking at the glass that was now blocked off by thick black smoke, Eunjae's eyes widen as the glass doors slide open and out from the smoke came a disheveled Jang DongHwa, Lee Seonung , Nurse Joo and Ahreum whom was clearly unconscious on the hospital bed and masked up with an oxygen machine. 

'Jung Ssaem! Ahreum Ssaem needs to be administered proper oxygen now!' 

Jung Insoo, Head Nurse Oh and Cha Eunjae immediately run towards the bed and scans Ahreum as she lay there motionless and with tightly shut eyes. Euntak finally alert and realizing that Ahreum was saved, rush towards the bed and pushes Doctor Jung aside. His heart simply ached as he finally got a glimpse of Ahreum' state. 

DongHwa, clearly exhausted tried his best to explain despite the pants and huffs.

'Ahreum Ssaem's heart stopped when I turned on the machine and put on the mask, I performed CPR for approximately 15 or 18 minutes before her heart started beating again.... But her pulse is weak, we might need to intubate her and put her on the ventilator to see if there are any damages to her respiratory system.' 

*Again all this is most likely medically incorrect, your gal searches and tries to be true but admittedly medical stuff is not for everyone*

At the mention of Ahreum's heart stopping, Euntak could feel his head shaking and the tear streaming down his eyes burned his cheeks. 

Getting all the information he needed, Jung Ssaem nods as he starts spitting out his orders. 

'Su Ssaem let's put Yoon Ahreum Ssaem in the trauma bay, Joo Ssaem and Uhm Ssaem will have to assist me for intubation and putting her on the ventilation. Eung Ssa---'

But just as he was about to continue speaking, Euntak's hoarse but stern voice cuts him off.

'I'll go in and assist you instead Jung Ssaem...'

Facing Euntak with a hesitant expression, Jung Insoo shakes his head and places a hand on the distressed male's shoulder. 

'Euntak ah.... no matter how worried you are, please don't come in this time. Trust me, I'll do my very best then she will be fine. Stay here and try to calm down, you'll see her in no time.'

And with that, Ahreum was wheeled away from the lobby and into the trauma bay together with Doctor Jung and Nurse Uhm and Joo. 

Gently placing a arm around his shoulder, Cha Eunjae weakly smiles at Euntak and spoke in a hushed voice. 

'She'll be fine.... that's our Ahreum-ie, she'll definitely fight through it.' 

DongHwa observes Euntak as he gulped down a bottle of water from afar. Sighing, he realized he had never truly saw Park Euntak cry or show much expression before... well aside from the day when Ahreum had broken up with him, he did saw tears pricking his eyes. 

That's when Jang DongHwa had confirmed it himself.... just by looking at the emotions and worry that filled Park Euntak's hazel eyes.

It may be possible that Park Euntak loves Yoon Ahreum more than she did... he just didn't know how to express it. He was always silent and hesitant, he wasn't used to expressing his feeling hence it felt foreign to him which unexpectedly lead him to losing her. DongHwa observed the male with pity, his heart had also ached for him but he had done his part and now.... the next chapter was for Euntak to fill and finish.