A New Chapter For The Newlyweds (1.2)

Entering Kim Sabu's office, Euntak sits after the elder doctor also settles onto the couch of his humble and well lit office. Things have changed over the years as Doldam went through several renovations. 

Kim Sabu's office likewise was no exception to the evolving hospital and trauma center. It still had that homey and vintage feel to it but this time, it had more space and also had a hint of modern interior design added to the space. 

'What did you want to tell me a while ago, considering the expression on your face and the tone of your voice.... it definitely isn't something that I should be happy about.'

Euntak lets out a heavy breathe and arches his eyebrows upward as he nods at the elder doctor's statement. 

'Well...yes, it's just---- I could only think of coming to consult Sabu nim because I know you might be able to help me on this one.' 

Kim Sabu tilts his head and slightly smiles as he beckons for Euntak to continue. 

'It's about....Ahreum' 

As Euntak hesitates for a while, Kim Sabu smiles gently and spoke whilst stirring the cup of tea on the coffee table. 

'Yoon ssaem? So I've heard.... from Nurse Oh, I reckon your concerned as her husband considering she hasn't exactly been feeling well these past few days ?'

Euntak's smile falters a bit as he internally regrets how he couldn't have convinced his wife enough to get checked a few days ago when her nausea and migraines started. 

Noticing the change in Euntak's mood, Kim Sabu lets out a gentle and comforting fatherly smile and pats the male's shoulders. 

'It's gonna be fine Euntak ssaem, Considering you're very worried for her plus as I am Yoon ssaem's direct mentor, I also want to make sure she's fine and healthy so that we can continue to take good care of our patients. Tell you what, I'll call Nurse Oh up and you go get Yoon ssaem to come and get a check up from me. Hopefully we might as well get to the bottom of this by today.' 

Finally smiling much more than he did a while ago, Park Euntak thanks the elder doctor before dashing out of the door to go get his wife (also inform her of course). 

After a bit of more convincing Ahreum to get a 'exclusive check up' from Kim Sabu, She finally concedes and takes off her lab coat to follow her husband to the ER. 

Arriving at the emergency room, Nurse Oh helps Ahreum onto one of the beds and pulls the curtain close around them to give her privacy.

Euntak silently sits beside his wife trying his best to comfort and soothe her anxiety by stroking her hands as Kim Sabu reads through the clipboard of lists and notes that he had just written based on the answers Ahreum gave him while he was asking her several questions.

'Since it's mostly just vomiting in certain hours of the day and since you specifically mentioned that it gets triggered once you have smelled something particularly strong.... I have a gist of what this might be.'

Kim Sabu smiles as he turns to Nurse Oh and asks for the ultrasound machine to be brought over.

'Park Euntak seonsaeng since you're already here... Could you assist me for a bit and help me lift her shirt and also prepare the gel?'

Immediately up on his toes, Euntak nods and quickly helps his wife lift her shirt up to simply expose her belly. And swiftly wearing his gloves, he grabs a bottle of gel and hands it to Kim Sabu.

Noticing the slight anxiety in the female doctor's eyes (plus in Euntak's as well). The elderly doctor flashed them his fatherly smile and spoke in a reassuring voice.

'I want to make sure that we won't miss anything at all hence we'll conduct a short ultrasound... It doesn't mean that you are sick or anything. I just want to confirm my suspicions.'

Ahreum hesitantly nods and flashes her adorable smile at both Kim Sabu and Nurse Oh. Eventually leaning down completely on the pillow, she tries her best to relax and focus on her husband instead to calm her nerves.

'Okay, 시작하겠습니다 (sijakhagetseubnida)'

*시작하겠습니다 - Let's start*

Just as Ahreum had started to relax, she suddenly feels the cold gel and flinches. Noticing her reaction, Euntak finally takes his sit beside her and caresses her hand in his.

Kim Sabu squints his eyes as he moves the probe around to check for anything suspicious, suddenly pausing... The elder doctor suddenly smiles and looks up at Nurse Oh who suddenly also smiled so brightly after looking at the monitor.

One things for sure.... Whatever they had saw on that screen was something to be happy about.

Switching his attention to Euntak and Ahreum. Kim Sabu beckons for Euntak to stand beside him and shows him the screen.

Being a nurse practitioner himself and after so many years of watching Kim Sabu and the other doctors do their thing with the ultrasound machine. Euntak immediately recognized what he was seeing on the screen.

Tears pricked the corner of his eyes as he switches his gaze back to his wife whom was confused (Ahreum couldn't see the monitor from her position).

Knowing that he did not need to explain any further, Kim Sabu smiles and takes off his gloves. Gently patting Euntak on the shoulder, he mouths a silent 'congratulations' and walks out to give the couple their own private time together.