Celebration Amidst Chaos (1.3)

'축하해 (chukhahae) Euntak seonsaeng.... I'll leave you to it.'

Smiling but with tears threatening to prick his eyes, Euntak smiles and thanks the elder doctor for the last time before completely facing his still puzzled wife.

If Ahreum wasn't able to feel the full extent of her anxiety a few minutes ago. This time it was killing her just by facing her husband as he silently teared up and gazed at her with his  beautiful tear glazed hazel eyes.

'Euntak ah... 왜 (wae)? What's wrong?'

Shaking off this new feeling of bliss and amazement, Euntak sits on the bed beside her and gently takes her hands in his.

'Don't be too shocked but.... It's not a illness or something you ate wrong at all. Sabu nim confirmed it.... We're going to be blessed with a new member for our family Ahreum ah.'

Ahreum was simply too stunned to respond. Gazing down on her husband's face, she finally lets out a sigh of relief.

She could swear she felt butterflies in her belly as she took in the information.

She was pregnant.... Pregnant with her and Euntak's baby..... She was going to be a mom.....

Euntak and her were finally going to be parents.

After a short time of silence and for the couple to cherish this precious moment together. Euntak finally starts cleaning the gel of his wife's belly and helps her sit up from the bed.

Without a moment's hesitation, Park Euntak leans forward and engulfs Ahreum in a hug.

'고마워 (gomawo) Ahreum ah.... You've just made me the happiest man in the whole world. We'll do this together, I'll help you and be by your side all the way so don't be afraid to tell me anything... If you're tired or if you need something.'

Ahreum simply smiles and chuckles at her husband's words. Still quite emotional over the news of her being pregnant. Ahreum squeezes Euntak's hands and lets out a sigh.

'I will... But we might have to go to Hanseong hospital to properly get a check up from the OB-GYN. I would like to know just how many weeks we might be in.'

Euntak nods and replies with a soft voice.

'We'll head over tomorrow as soon as the sun rises....after that I think we can speak to Park Sajang about the amount of work you should be handling starting now.... I don't want you to overwork and take on strenuous cases while you're carrying our precious parcel with you.'

Not intending to argue with him anymore, Ahreum smiles and slowly sits up to head back home early for the day.

Along with the news of her pregnancy, Kim Sabu had promised to keep it a secret from all the other staff of the Doldam Hospital until they were ready to announce it. Until then, it was recommended for them to find out just how far along is Ahreum's pregnancy and most importantly.... the recommendation of the OB-GYN. 

Eventually, a week had passed by in a flash and after consulting the OB-GYN from Hanseong Hospital, Euntak and Ahreum had found out that they were actually 8 weeks into their pregnancy.

After making some changes to their routine and also consulting Director Park on Ahreum's workload to better soothe her condition. The couple had decided to inform their families first. The reaction was pure joy and happiness of course.....heck! even Do InBeom was sincerely happy and excited for them. 

And knowing that the other staff members would one way or another soon find out since Director Park was planning to announce the new arrangement of workload in the emergency today, Ahreum decided she might as well tell all of them while they were eating their lunch to get it over with.