Chapter 23: 100%

Previously...

"It's all my fault..." Marshall saw Rover, standing in front of him menacingly, with the dust on his paws. "It's because I arrived too late..."

"He's just a piece of cake, just finish the job." Rover thought, as he saw Marshall's expression. He looked pissed, but Rover didn't mind that.

Marshall launched at Rover at bullet speed, while throwing a punch at him at the same time. Rover charged back at Marshall, as both punches rushed at each other...

Now...

The two punches clashed, resulted in a massive nuke explosion around the lookout. The force of the collision greatly shook the entire lookout, at the same time blowing away everything around them. Well, not just the lookout, they even shook the whole city itself as well.

Once the smoke cleared, both of the pups were standing on a crater below them, while trying to push back their fists that were opposing each other. Shockwaves came out from their paws, releasing a big gust of wind among them.

Rover let out a burst of energy, and thus overpowering Marshall's fist, as Marshall's body got thrown back a bit. But even so, he still managed to withstand Rover's newfound power, which surprised Rover.

"Quite a frantic display you got there, pup." Rover said to Marshall, as his paw released smoke. "Your power's not the same as it was before, and I can tell...you've gotten stronger."

"But even so, you still remained unfazed even if your power's drained to 24%." He then let out an evil grin, then continued: "As for me, I've already reached into a new level by my own, considering that I have only an eye. Which is that, my power had increased into a level that rivalled the 100% of the energy. Through extreme killing and collecting life energies all over this planet, I was able to achieve a huge upgrade upon my energy...and adding it with my eye's 75% power, all of my battle stats have increased."

"And there's nothing you can do about it." He snickered at Marshall. "You even failed to save your friends in time, how unoriginal and pathetic of you." Upon hearing the word 'friends', his heart boiled in anger. He then started moving his paws...

"Did you really think your 24% could defeat me-" Suddenly, Rover's monologue was interrupted by a sudden energy punch on his face. He was later sent launching all the way from the lookout to the bridge at high speed.

Seemingly as he was about to crash on the huge pillar of the bridge, he quickly opened a portal behind him and entered through it, transporting him behind Marshall, and tried landing a surprise punch on his head.

But then Marshall simply sidestepped aside, which dodged his punch from behind without even looking at him, causing Rover to miss while his fist punching air, accidentally destroying a path of debris in front of him. Marshall then grabbed Rover's right arm with just a paw and pulled his whole body in front of him, then swiftly yanked a punch on his chin, sending him crashing hard on a huge boulder.

"Quit your useless rambling and throw at me with all you've got." Marshall said coldly, while looking at Rover with a hostile expression on his face. His right paw released smoke. "You're not telling me that this is the limit of your full power?"

The mockery genuinely angered Rover, causing him to outburst even more of his energy, which also blew up the rocks around him.

"Limit...?" Rover growled at Marshall in a harsh tone. "Don't make me laugh...I've been only using less than a fraction of my power this whole time, so don't get too arrogant." He then clenched both of his paws, while infusing them with purple energy. "But since you wanted to see my full power so bad..."