Fate.

About: Kim Doyoung x reader

Genre: Mafia au, sad, angst.

Words: 2.9 k words

Song: 'gimme gimme' by  NCT 127

She looked at the clock as she waited for him to come back. Across her sat his wife with a cup of tea smiling at her. She smiled back.

She shifted in her place when she heard the door click open. She heard his footsteps enter the house.

He still wore those clickety-klack shoes that made sound when he walked. Oh how much she feared those shoes when she was younger. That sound still did something to her.

She saw his wife literally fly to him and engulf him in a bear hug. He hugged her back.

That could've been me.

The cheerful bickering and giggling was stopped when he laid his eyes on her.

"Y/n?"

His voice made her look up. The moment she laid eyes on his beautiful face, her body stirred. The sight of his face reminded her of all the memories and emotions that she'd burried 2 years ago, when he'd told her that he was getting married.

"Hello there!" She smiled at him. He smiled back as he sat across her. His wife left them alone.

"How have you been?" He asked her calmly.

"Good. You?"

"As you can see, happy!"

"Glad to hear that. You sacrificed a lot. Was hoping it would be all worth it." She taunted.

"I hope I didn't disappoint you." He chuckled.

"Not at all."

"I dont wanna sound rude, y/n, but can you please get to the point? I can't keep her waiting for long." He smiled.

"Definitely. She definitely shouldn't wait. I am the one who waited for you, always."

"Why are you here, y/n?" He started to get annoyed.

"Fine. I won't annoy you anymore." She said.

"I'm going to Korea." She continued.

"For what?" He looked taken aback.

"To take back what's ours? Lee jong-suk has been hogging our construction buisness there for quite some time now. It's about time we take it back."

"We had a deal with him." He stated calmly.

"I know. Intrestingly, I found out quite a happening news about him."

"What?"

"He's not the Lee Jong suk we knew. He's been buying shares to our buisness in here. Also he's hacking into the systems to steal yours and mine shares. Legally, he'll be the owner of all our businesses if I don't stop him."

"You can always handle this legally. You know you are stronger than him legally. Since you detected the bug-"

"He sent assasins to my mansion."

"What?"

"He sent assasins to kill me. I lost 2 of my precious men. My right hand Mark Lee is also missing. He killed 4 of our men in Korea. He's doing things legally and illegally. I need your help, Do!"

He went silent for a few minutes before he spoke again.

"I've stopped killing, y/n." He stated calmly.

"You do know that I might die in this right?" She asked him in the hope that he might change his decision.

"I know."