Chapter Two

"Well, we're so looking forward to seeing you

"Well, we're so looking forward to seeing you." Grace said to the phone.

"I just can't tell you...." Then Grace sees that the President and Angel are inside to their office.

"She is so anxious to grow up." The President said.

"Oh, I know, she's.... Yes. The both of us. Okay. Bye-bye." Grace said to the phone, then she was off the phone.

"Well, she couldn't stay your little girl forever, Jim." Grace said.

"It really did, Mom." Angel said.

"Well, I was hoping it would last till she was 14 or 15 or 50." The President said.

"They hated your speech, didn't they?" Grace asked.

"They're afraid we won't have the guts to back it up and that if we do, it'll be political suicide." The President said.

"Remember our first campaign?" Grace asked.

"In the house?" Angel asked, then Grace nodded.

"Downstate, driving around with, uh..."

"Who's that kid, our volunteer?" Angel asked.

"That. Remember, with the...." Grace said before the President cut her said.

"Henry." He answers.

"Henry, with the convertible..." Grace said before he cut her said again.

"Yeah." The President answers.

"With the broken top, and the...."

"Snow comin' in."

"Yeah, and we were the only three people who thought you could win that." Grace said.

"You didn't give a damn." The President said.

"You knew what needed to be done, and you did it."

"And you spoke from your heart."

"And that's what I heard tonight."

"Well, it felt good." The President said.

"Yeah, I'll bet it did." Grace said as she and the President began to kiss while Angel closed her eyes to prevent watching them kiss.

They kiss again, this time for real. But... a knock on the door.

"Mr. President." Shepherd said as he opened the door.

The President gave him a signal to one moment.

"Sorry to interrupt, everybody's assembled, sir." Shepherd said.

"Okay, we will be there soon." Angel said.

"Alright." He said then he left to President office room.

INT. CONFERENCE ROOM - NIGHT

As the steward closes the door behind him, all background
noise disappears. We are in a sound shielded room. Even the engines' drone can not be heard.

The lights in the room are dim as MAJOR CALDWELL, a military advisor, projects satellite photos of Iraqi military bases onto a screen.

The steward serves coffee as unobtrusively as he can while the meeting continues.

"Our KH-ll's took this one at 0100 hours. What you see here is the mobilization of two mechanized brigades." Major Caldwell said.

"They've gotta be joking." The President said.

"It really does, Dad." Angel said.

"The Iraqi ambassador is claiming it's just an exercise." Doherty said.

"An exercise in futility. Send the Nimitz back in." The President said.

The northern borders gotten a bit hairy. Their MiGs are playing tag with our Tomcats, and our boys are just itching to engage." Major Carldwell said.

"Tell our boys to cool their jets. I don't need 'em creating policy for me." The President said.