Chapter Three

All of the people in the meeting room can hear gunshot.

"Did you hear that, Dad?" Angel asked, then he nodded.

"Mr. President, stay back." He said as they checked from the corridor.

The conference room door bursts open, and TWO SECRET SERVICE AGENTS, weapons drawn, enter the room, and run to the President and Angel.

"What's goin' on?" The President asked.

"Shots fired, sir!" He answers, making Angel be shocked.

"My family! What about my family?" Angel asked.

"We're handling it, sir." He said as they began to leave the meeting room.

"Boy Scout's coming out! Cover!"

"Cover! Give him cover!"

"Daddy? Angel?" Alice asked as she woke up after she heard a gunshot.

"Sister!" Angel yelled.

"Alice, get back!" The President yelled at her.

"Daddy? Angel?" Alice yelled at them again.

"Alice, get back!" Grace yelled as she hugged her tight, then Alice screamed.

"Around here!" He yelled as Angel released to her pistol to shoot him.

"Angel!" The President yelled at her with a surprise.

"Go, Dad, I will cover Dad, just go!" Angel yelled the President, and then he nodded.

"Take him around here! Get down!" He yelled as they grabbed the President to the pod.

"Get around here! Get him down to the pod!" He yelled again.

After they get down to the baggage room, Angel can now run after him.

"Move! They're on us!" He yelled the President.

"Where's my family? And Angel?" The President asked.

Then the President sees Angel run to them, making him relief.

"Get in the pod, sir. You too, little girl, Get in!" He yelled at them again.

"Hey, I'm not a little girl!" Angel exclaimed.

"But what about my family?" The President asked again, then they pushed them into the pod after they heard a gunshot.

-After a few minutes later-

EXT. GERMAN FARKD - NIGHT

The swirling spotlights of the Apaches finally illuminate
the Seal of the President and Angel atop the EMERGENCY DEPLOYMENT POD.

The Huey drops in for a landing and a half dozen Army Rangers in full combat gear deploy to the pod. They open it.

But.........

IT'S EMPTY.

INT. BAGGAGE DECK GANGWAY - NIGHT

Bruised and battered, some blood smeared across his tuxedo shirt and her child clothes... PRESIDENT JAMES MARSHALL and ANGEL MARSHALL lowers themselves from one of the overhead wing struts.

They emerge into the bowels of Air Force one.

He and she stands quietly a moment, listening... for footsteps, for gunfire. All quiet except for the whine of the jet engines.

Both of them take a moment to think. Considers his situation. His and her eyes find the dead agent who risked his life so he could make it to the pod. He and she trots down the gangway toward the lower galley.

 He and she trots down the gangway toward the lower galley