Chapter Five

"Dad, your phone is still on the line." Angel said to her dad.

"Ow, okay. This is Marshall. Is there anyone there?" he called on the sat phone.

All of them sighed to relief in White House, and then he said, "We're here, Mr. President."

"Where's my family? Are they safe?" The President asked.

"Well, the terrorists claim they're holding them. We can't confirm." He answers with a phone speaker, making Angel worried about her mother and sister.

"Who are they? What do they want?"

"They're Russian ultranationalist radicals."

"They want General Radek released from prison."

"Radek?" Angel asked.

"What are our tactical options?" The President asked again.

"We're working on that, Mr. President... but the bastards do have us in a corner." He answers.

"There is no rescue attempt?"

"I ruled out a midair rescue. There's nothing we can do while the plane is still in the air."

"Then we gotta get this plane on the ground. Take me off the goddam speakerphone."

"Where's Bennett?" The President asked, then she picked up the phone.

"Mr. President." Vice-President said.

"We can not release Radek." The President said.

"They're gonna shoot a hostage every half hour until we do." Vice-President said.

"I don't want a plane full of dead people. Jim, they shot Jack Doherty." She said, making the President and Angel shock.

"Oh, Christ. Kathryn, we can't give in to their demands." The President said.

"It won't end there."

"And if you die on that plane, does it end there?" Vice-President asked.

"Kathryn, we've got a job to do, whatever the cost." The President said.

"Mr. President, I...."

"Kathryn, if you give a mouse a cookie..."

"He's gonna want a glass of milk."

"Wait, before you hang up, is that a voice girl?" Vice-President asked.

"Yes, is my daughter, Angel." The President answers.

"Can I speak her for a moment?"

"Sure. Angel, she wants to speak to you." The President said as he gave to her phone.

"Hello?" Angel said.

"Hello Angel, why didn't you leave Air Force One?"

"Sorry, I can't leave this plane without my family."

"Well, at least you have your father."

"Don't worry, I and my father will save hostage and my family." Angel said.

"Okay, good luck, you two." Vice-President said.

"Thank you, and we've gotta get this plane on the ground." Angel said before she hung up on the phone.

"Now what we gonna do to, Dad?" Angel asked her father as she gave it to him phone.

"First, we have to do something before we save hostage and my family." The President answers.

"Well, I have to drink a milk, I'm thirsty." Angel said as she grabbed the milk from the fridge was broken.

Then, the president looked at her with an idea.